Sign in to follow this  
Benr98

Anyone have CS3?

Just curious how many are using Adobe CS3 and how it performs with your cutter?  We have been checking into getting AI and wanted to hear what you alll had to say first.

We are using the Copam, so interested also to hear from those that use CS3 with their Copam.

Thanks so much.

Jenny

Guest Terry

Doesn't CS3 come with Illustrator? I have CS and it came with about four programs, full version, do you have just the upgrade is all?

Terry, I don't have AI yet...........so was thinking of just purchasing the newest version, but like I said, this is all new to me regarding AI

Jenny

Guest sciondrgn

I have Cs3 but rarely even open it. Ive found Inkscape and Flexi work for anything I need to do.

How much is Flexi? I have been playin with Inkscape takes a little to get used to but I am managing and designed some stuff already.. just taking time.

Guest Terry

I have Flexi and WinPc, I mostly use Illustrator to design then I cut everything in Flexi. I only have basic Flexi and its good enough for me. I think it was around $60.00 - 80.00

Why not try SignBlazer?

it takes half the time to learn and is so much faster than any of these mentioned programs.

So confident we are of you liking it we are the only sign software company that allows you to download a full working version and try it out for 30 days!!

No one else has the garters to do that!!!

After all we were the original sign software that all others have copied.

Support the small guys not big corporations.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Jerry, actually I do have Sign Blazer Elements but didn't know if you could design in Sign Blazer and I haven't learned yet how to Vector in that either.

This is what I'm looking for....people to share their imput on the software that works for them.

Thanks again.

Jenny

Guest Terry

You can not vector with Flexi either unless you have the pro version. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BIG BUCKS

But as long as it's an eps. or an ai file... just drop in and it cuts. I can't do that with my WinPc it wants me to vectorize the eps or ai file. An WinPc does vectorize but I have trouble with it.

Hello Jenny,

SignBlazer Elements is a powerful design program.

It is not just for vinyl cutting.

We have not crippled it as have some other famous sign programs.

The major tools you need to do design are all there

These are

Raster to Vector

Import most main file formats.

Two types of shadows on text

On screen text typing

Total Weld

Punch through weld

uses True Type fonts

advanced inline/outline allows you to do almost all inline/outline functions

good quality clipart.

Plus dozerns of other design tools.

If this is the entry level just image what is in the higher levels.

It takes about two years to learn Illustrator CS2 or CS3 to the level to the be able to do what you can learn to do in SignBlazer in less than 7 hours.

So why pay so much money.

Wouldn't be better to upgrade to a higher level of SignBlazer?

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Jerry, thank you for all your help with this.  My husband has been messing around with Elements and has been learning something new every day.  The problem is we learn better by being shown than to read a manual.....not book dumb, just learn quicker I guess by example!!  :lol:

You have made some great points and will continue learning about Elements before purchasing another design program, once again  :thanks:

Jenny

Hello Jenny,

I agree with you.

I also learn so much faster if someone shows me.

With this in mind we are looking into making training videos this year.

However we are only a tiny company and all of us are overworked as it is.

So i will do these training videos.

Actually this is the software i am having so much trouble learning that i have mentioned elsewhere.

it is counter intuitive. It is to make up video training films.

oh, no video training to learn this video making software. just a difficult online manual.

Whereas we try to make all the functions in SignBlazer naturally intuitive.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Jerry, glad to know we aren't the only ones who learn better by being shown!  :yes:

I wish you the best in learning your new software to make the training videos, I know I for one would LOVE to get one once it's done.  For a little company you do such great things for us here and I can only imagine the company will continue to grow and flourish.

We do like SB and I'm sure in time we will LOVE it!!

Thanks again.

Jenny

I have CS3. Every time I open it I get frustrated because it is difficult to learn. It is such a huge program that it almost does too much. SignBlazer was easy for me to learn just playing with it. I haven't found too may things that I need to do that I couldn't do in SignBlazer. Vectorizing is one that I will use either Vector magic or AI for.

I've had Illustrator for many years, hardly used it except for importing things into after effects. Just starting using it more and love it more and more each day! It's not easy though abd I doubt I'll ever master it. I tried inkscape but my wacom tablet doesn't like it too much.

Jerry if you want to make training videos easily just try go to meeting. www.gotomeeting.com  You can record your screen and audio as well, also you can use it to remote connect to any of your customers that may need alittle hand holding. I have used go to meeting for 2 years now, great product and no firewall issues.

I use Camtasia. It is another product that allows you te record your screen but it has editing ability too. It allows you to output your presentation to just about any format from streaming video to DVD. You can download a 30 day trial here.

http://www.camtasia.com/camtasia.asp