dawnfata

New and very Lost.

Don't know how to find drivers for the Lasercut.

Not even sure how to use a cutter.

Read all the materials. I've learned a great deal. But not sure why my cutter won't do anything.  :huh:

Not sure if I downloaded drivers correctly. Been trying off & on for about 6 months now.

Maybe I bit off more than I can chew. :thumbsup:

Thank You,

I have all that info. already. For some reason my computer does not recognize the cutter and will not send my cut job to the cutter.

So I have finally requested help today. I hope I get started soon.

Thanks again.

Dawn

I have been trying to use my Laptop. OS Vista. I only have the USB connection to use. I do have an old desktop (XP) in the closet I can try to use with a serial connection. Thanks so much all. :huh:

Dawn

I have been trying to use my Laptop. OS Vista. I only have the USB connection to use. I do have an old desktop (XP) in the closet I can try to use with a serial connection. Thanks so much all. :huh:

Dawn

Use your laptop for design and dedicate the XP machine to the cutter with a serial connection. You will be happy you did.

Dawn

Use your laptop for design and dedicate the XP machine to the cutter with a serial connection. You will be happy you did.

I agree on this one definitely!

I think vista is your problem

I've never had problems with Vista or 7. (with my cutter at least.)

I don't think it's vista, I believe it's the USB dry. Cutters always have problems with USB drives. I use my serial port.

I believe the USB driver simulates a Serial interface anyways.

Finally found parts to get my old XP up and running. Now downloading Signblazer. It may take a while on this old computer. Wish me luck..

And of course thanks to everyone for the support. I really appreciate it.

Dawn

:thumbsup::D

Still Nothing...

Hooked up the old XP. I can't even do a test cut off line. I don't know how to check if the cutter if not working properly. I'v never used a cutter before.

When i draw a simple square shape on SBE then send it to be cut. I get error "Can not open the output device. Error initilizing cutter."

Also didn't install drivers. Not sure which download to choose, list is not very clear.

anyone pls help.

Dawn The Desperate

:thumbsup::D

Still Nothing...

Hooked up the old XP. I can't even do a test cut off line. I don't know how to check if the cutter if not working properly. I'v never used a cutter before.

When i draw a simple square shape on SBE then send it to be cut. I get error "Can not open the output device. Error initilizing cutter."

Also didn't install drivers. Not sure which download to choose, list is not very clear.

anyone pls help.

Dawn The Desperate

If you are connecting using the Serial port, no driver is required.

This is what my settings look like.

Cutter Setup:

http://screencast.com/t/ZmY0NzViO

Comm Settings (found in cutter setup):

http://screencast.com/t/NzdlMzNjYj

WOOO WEEE !!!!

I'm up and running !!!!

Got Tech Support on the phone.

The very nice gentleman on the phone took over my computer and set up my cutter.

I did have a problem at first. There was one loose screw that sent the cutter into a foreign language mode.

But after I tightened up things it worked fine.

So while I had the tech guy on the phone he set up all my connections properly and It works like a champ.

And by the way the USB connections work just fine. I will continue to use both computers.

Now its time to have some fun fun fun with my cutter.

Thanks Everyone and Thanks USCutter for the support.

Dawn  :thumbsup:

great glad you got it going,  :thumbsup:  but if you run into problems with longer cuts going crazy on the USB. then you will want to consider changing it over to serial cable. 

If you already have an XP machine running, I'd just stick with it.  USB is notoriously problematic on these cutters.

I do have the XP running but still using USB connection. The tech guy could not help me set up the serial connection. (would not work)

Do you think I should call tech support again and keep on it till the serial connection works? Cause the USB so far is working just fine.

DF