I have a broken part on my laser point 24.  I haven't been able to just let the blade assembly drop all the way down into the housing, if I do it's too close to the vinyl.  I am horrible at explaining this.  I tried cutting tonight and had some issues, thinking it was my design.  I decided to take the blade out to clean it and possibly replace it and I found that piece broken.

I am attaching a photo of the broken part.  I put the blade holder back in and cut one thing, it's cutting fine, but I don't want to keep using it unless I know it's okay.  I will contact U. S. Cutter, but thought I would check here first.

Thanks.

Nancy

post-4728-12986556765894_thumb.jpg

post-4728-12986556785318_thumb.jpg

It is the carriage arm and they don't have any and don't know when they will get them in.  They suggested buying another cutter off Ebay or trying to tape or glue the broken piece. 

I have 5 storefronts to do and 1500 decals.  This is the busiest I have been because I am cutting back on other products and was going to focus on this.

I am so up a creek without a paddle, very frustrated.

Nancy

nancy with that kind of business lined up do yourself a favor and buy a graphtec - better machine and great service adn you will pay for it with the orders you already have.  I would look for a company like ordway that services what they sell.  in the mean time try fixing the part with JB weld - it is a heavy duty epoxi you will find at automotive stores and I think even walmart carries it.  good luck

:huh: ???  on the Graphtec.  You will be much happier, and less frustrated.  Great quality,  I have had mine over 2 years and never the first problem.    Great tracking also. 

Hi Nancy ,

I suggest buying another Laserpoint cutter ( or better ) so you have a back-up because sooner or later all things break . Like Murphy's law says " Anything that can go wrong will go wrong , at the worst time " ... The funniest part of Murphy's lae is how it starts out .. " Murphy was an optimist "  :huh:

I am thinking about getting another cutter, a good one, like suggested.  Hopefully I can get the part for the LP and use it for a back up.  I am researching the Graphtec cutters, but not sure about the software.  I am using Sign Blazer now and am comfortable with it.  I use Inkscape to get any designs ready to import.

Is the software that comes with the Graphtec easy to use, will I be able to do things the way I do them now?  I get my image in Paint Shop Pro, convert it to eps in Inkscape and then import to SB.  I haven't been successful in saving the image in PSP in .eps format and then importing it to SB.  I am a PSP kind of girl, I make printed materials and have always used it.  I suppose I need to eventually learn Corel or something similar.

Most of my business is local.  My church gives me lots of business and the members give me business as well.  I am blessed to have a huge contact tree here!

Thank you so much.