Sign in to follow this  
sp00k

Newbie needs connectivity help with Signcut LE

Hello,

I am definitely a newbie and have very little of a clue of what I am doing.

That said, I have an MH1351.  It will cut the test pattern with no problems.  It is connected to the parralel port.  The Signcut cutter settings are set up as a Refine, Refine Selltopia on LPT1 at 9600 baud.  I can import an image and set up a job with no problem.

When I click cut out, a status bar comes up, fills to 100%, and then goes away but nothing happens at the plotter.  I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, I just can't figure it out.

I don't understand the lpt1 at 9600 baud.Baud rate is a serial command and not a printer.Double check the port settings.There are also 2 drivers that work in signcut.One is the refine,and then there is the refine selltopia.Try changing those drivers out if the port doesn't work.

Yes, sp00k is right, the Baudrate has no effect when LPT1: is in use.

When connecting to the LPT1:-port, be sure that the standard-cable that followed the plotter is connected directly into the plotter. Do not use any cable extension between that standard cabel and the plotter.

What you also should check is that the computer BIOS is set in the ECP-mode.

That think that is all that matters for the parallel interface.

Hello SpOOk, if you are still having connection problems just email me or give us a call and we can walk through the setup. You can call us at 425-284-2282 between 9-3 Pacific Time M-F.

I abandoned the LPT port altogether and installed the USB driver.  I was cutting in ten minutes.  Thanks anyway.

• Like 1