Sign in to follow this  
envirocad

LaserPoint - DOA? ***FIXED*****

Man, I hope this thing aint dead!

Just got the Laserpoint 24" today.

Put everything together, USB is recognized as COM6.

Turn on the Cutter and just a Blank LCD Screen with some black squares on the Cutter.

Turned it off AND back on.....Same result - -

Nothing on the LCD screen but some black squares, all the time.

Thanks for any Help!!!!

Scottie Wilson

The carriage is not pressing either red button. I depressed the red buttons and neither were stuck.

I just checked all MOBO connections and they are GOOD. Side panels also.

Booted her back up and same "Blocks" issue on the LCD display.

The Fan is running.

:help:

Scottie,

These types of problems are usually communication issues between computer/cutter. If you use SignBlazer, make sure the settings are the same as in device manager. If device manager says com6, make sure SB does also (Go to cut mode, settings, then use the variables at the top of the settings panel to make changes.). Make sure baud rate in SB matches that in device manager, also.

Also make changes as needed between "direct cut" and "cut manager" in the same panel settings. Usually direct works best. Keep changing variables until the cutter responds.

The key is to make certain that the panel is set up properly. However, "properly" varies from user to user. There is no set defined settings that work for everyone.

You will probably have to experiment a little to find the solution, but once found, it will perform almost flawlessly. 

The device manager setting and the SB settings are identical.

SO, are you saying that the Cutter is not supposed to respond on the LCD panel until the Software communicates with it ?

The instruction PDF manual says to turn the unit on ---and the LCD will tell you the Status of the Cutter. I would assume the Hardware would do this without USB connectivity.

I cannot "Jog" the cutter from the LCD panel OR the Software (SB).

Please Respond back, Thanks!

Tried with/without the USB, I can actually see the blocks on the screen very clearly.

I'll wait for Ken to reply.

Thanks for the help Guys!

HEY I JUST GOT MY CUTTER YESTERDAY AND THE SAMETHING HAPPENED TO ME.  HERE IS WHAT I HAD TO DO:

SIMPLY MOVE THE CARRIAGE THAT HOLDS THE CUTTER OVER A FEW INCHES AND WOW WEE IT WORKED.

HOPES THIS WORKS FOR YOU.  ALSO MAKE SURE YOU USE THE USB CABLE THAT COMES WITH THE CUTTER, MINES DIDN'T WORK UNTIL I USED IT.

GOODLUCK

RON SIMMONS

Tried with/without the USB, I can actually see the blocks on the screen very clearly.

I'll wait for Ken to reply.

Thanks for the help Guys!

Blocks usually appear when one of the red kill buttons is pressed, but if neither is being pressed, the issue usually lies with the motherboard. When you checked the MB, did you press each connection down to make sure they were seated good? I have heard cases where a customer investigated, but found nothing out of place, put it back to gether and it worked. Just by pressing the wire connections and making sure the chips on the board were seated good. If all else fails, it could need a replacement motherboard.

Hey Ken,

yep, i read alot of previous post about the issure and your solutions. I pressed all the wire connections to make sure they were seated properly and put it back together. Still nothing but the blocks when you turn the cutter on. I think i need the Motherboard or powersupply.

Thanks.

Think I just spoke to you on the phone and we are getting the part to you. Should ship out today.