I was reading some old posts on this forum and came across this. I was going to buy this CD, but after looking at the PDF file. I seen several images that appear to be copyrighted.

If I were to buy this, I cannot cut and sell the images correct? I am still confused on this copyrighted material. It all boils down to I will refuse to print/cut copyrighted material. I have read some posts on here that would make me think twice about printing a copyrighted image to make a dollar on.

http://shop.vendio.com/cncsigns/item/2034912557/index.html

I certainly am not an artist! I am on the look out for some artist so that I can buy some material from them!

Defiantly a doggy disc, Google copyright or Royalty free clipart and see what you come up with.

Joe

Whether you can resell products made from those images would depend on the "licence" agreement.....However, from the description it sounds like there is some "suspect" artwork on the disk....

You can buy CD's that contain Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Harley Davidson, etc. logos.  Just because you buy a CD doesn't mean you can sell the artwork on it.  In fact, the person selling the CD is in violation of copyright laws by selling the artwork files.  Also, it doesn't have to be officially copyrighted to be protected.  If I create something and you use it without permission, I would win in court as long as I can prove that I created it before you used it.  The best way to do this is to print it, take it to the bank and have it notarized and put it away in a safe place. 

I don't believe I have ever even worried about that... I thought it meant you HAVE A RIGHT to copy. LOL!!!

Just fly low and avoid the radar, if you drive over 65, fudge your 1040's and tell your wife you spent less than you actually did then why are you worried about a few stickers marring your integrity?  :thumbsup:

RG

It depends. What does Proverbs 3:13-14 mean to you?

Wisdom would tell me not to print that copyrighted logo.

We do however know that we can change something 30% and have the right to print it. Also, if we take a picture we have a right to print it right?

This is how all those Characters have the right to wave on the side of the roadways. If you look they're not 100% copies.

They're plenty of artist out there to make us our own super heros if we need them. Like, CAPTAIN St. Luis Tech!!!! or Super Tech to the rescue.

:thumbsup: 30% or not, it'll still cost you $225 an hour to pay an atty to explain/demonstrate your thought process in court and besides, (no offense Brother) I can't believe that GOD would be fooled by 30% when you knew what your intentions were from the beggining.

At any rate try logotypes101 or bestbrandsoftheworld before you spend any money on a logo you are not able to get via legit channels.

I've had lots of success e-mailing the owner of the copyright logo for a vector simply by telling them I was a small/local sign making company doing work for one of their customers in my area. Just e-mail their marketing department. Besides, the logos are usually more up to date that way.

RG

• Like 1

It is similiar to a stolen vehicle ... everybody who had anything to do with it is guilty of something .. everybody involved hardly ever gets charged , so some slip thru the cracks , but some don't . Just because the last person bought it under legit situation , does not make it legal . The most realistic advice is from LocknLoad . The lega expense ALONE is reason not to get involved .

I also found it strange for someone to use Bible references & then give a way to skirt around the legailty :huh:? sounds like those principles should be applied before projecting ! Makes me wonder about the problem that was brought to the boards attention recently ...........Hmmmmm

It depends. What does Proverbs 3:13-14 mean to you?

Wisdom would tell me not to print that copyrighted logo.

We do however know that we can change something 30% and have the right to print it. Also, if we take a picture we have a right to print it right?

This is how all those Characters have the right to wave on the side of the roadways. If you look they're not 100% copies.

They're plenty of artist out there to make us our own super heros if we need them. Like, CAPTAIN St. Luis Tech!!!! or Super Tech to the rescue.

You are right about the changing of something of a certain %....I was taught in the Art Institute it is the legal way to build off creativity. If we had it closed to even that then this world would revert to a caveman way of doing things. There is nothing wrong with taking a concept that someone else had and build on it to create something new. That is how creativity works and progresses. Copyrights were made up mostly by the greedy corporate companies that want to snuff out all competition to their business. Look at how bands will come out and sound like other bands in the past. We are ALL influenced by someone else in this world. So I say buy that CD if you want, just make sure you change each of those images in some way to make your own and go for it. So instead of buying it when you have to put the work into it then go to some of these forums and download those same images like I did when looking for some ideas. If I am having to change it and do the work, then I am not going to buy the stuff. If I buy it then I will be using it as is or it is a waste of my money. :thumbsup:

I have dealt with this guy before. The last DVD I got from him was a burned DVD with a LightScribe label. If he has the rights to it, I'll eat my hat. Not one of the expensive ones,though.