Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

New guy from Cleveland Area...

Hi guys!

23 year old dude, like long walks on th...

Wait.. wrong forum..  :thumbsup:

Basically looking to get into making some vinyl graphics/signs on the side... Have had an itch to buy a vinyl cutter ever since I've paid for window vinyls for my personal website me and a buddy run...

Background w/ experience:

I was in a 2 year program for my high school my junior/senior year back in 03-05 of high school for graphic design... Late 2004 I got a job for a local "FastSigns", and was the lead graphic designer there for about a year. We used a Roland cutter, and our own design program back then.

Fast forward to now, I just do light web design for my site and edit graphics and into photography, mostly automotive as I am an advid gearhead.

My buddy is starting his own fabrication and powdercoating business and I am on the fence about going in with him doing vinyl decals, and using it for other things. I am thinking we could put his logo on the back of items he powdercoats, and also use it with his sand blaster w/ the media for it to make some cool stuff for car show clubs/plaques and so forth.

So what I am looking for is a cutter that would be great for vinyl cutting, and being able to cut through the sandblast vinyl stuff (not sure official name for that).

I am looking at US Cutter's USCutter EcoCut Vinyl Cutter in 24" or USCutter MH-series Vinyl Cutter in 25".....

Would either of these be suitable? This is just going to be for for light stuff, as I am doing this on the side for a hobby. Although I would love for it to get big, but would like to see a profit first. Figured I could wrap my four wheeler and stuff too for fun/practice.

Give me some help here people!! haha..

Welcome and look seriously at the p-cut for a starter machine, copam would be even better but pricier. after you make the money with them move up to the Graphtec.  this is the route I took, make my money with one to buy the next better machine. by that time you are sure you are going to keep going and not be bored with it

Welcome and look seriously at the p-cut for a starter machine, copam would be even better but pricier. after you make the money with them move up to the Graphtec.  this is the route I took, make my money with one to buy the next better machine. by that time you are sure you are going to keep going and not be bored with it

What is the P-Cut machine?

Use the search and do research on whatever cutter you are deciding on as this piece of machinery will be with you for some time and the more expensive ones work better right out of the box.  it just comes down to how much time you are willing to spend setting it up right and making many many adjustments to get the cut you want

Hello Joey.

Welcome. I have a friend that owns a Powder Coating business in California. I think it's Hytech or something like that.

Another way to find your answer since it's related to Powder Coating is to call some Powder Coating businesses or look for a powder coating forum.

Hello Joey.

Welcome. I have a friend that owns a Powder Coating business in California. I think it's Hytech or something like that.

Another way to find your answer since it's related to Powder Coating is to call some Powder Coating businesses or look for a powder coating forum.

Tech, this doesnt have anything to do with the PC side, just noting I may use it for masking his stuff.

MH721, which I love.

I've already made half of my initial investment back in just 4 weeks. About the same amount went back into buying new vinyls, tools and so forth... Got some jobs lined up which will pay it off with materials I have in stock.

Don't forget to put a little aside for an upgraded cutter later on

I will reinvest profits when I pay it off of course.

Thought I read you had paid it off already in 4 weeks?

I've already made half of my initial investment back in just 4 weeks.

You read wrong..

Glad to hear you are earning well from your cutter! Can't wait to see some of your stuff.