Sign in to follow this  
Billie

Sick of signblazer!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sick of sign blazer,can anyone give me advice on a new cutting program. one that's not expensive,easy to use? Thank u

I don't use Signblazer.  but what are  you sick about?  with it?  

I personally use Flexistarter8.6 for my cutting software which runs @ $99  on Ebay.  very ez interface, but you still need a design software,  but you can use   www.inkscape.org for that   which is FREE,   You should have gotten Signcut with your cutter, have you tried that?  and use inkscape.?  Without spending some money on Illustrator or Corel.  your kinda limited for good software.

Or going even higher on money with higher end Flexi products.   I have used Flexistarter versions for over 4 years.  no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiStarter-Vinyl-Cutter-Software-Flexi-Sign-8-6-w-Dgl-/270618181176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

OO so flexi starter u can't design in? hummmm well ,is there a pro sign blazer, one that i can buy..?I like how easy sign blazer is to use,it just has things  missing from it,like registration marks ,auto fill.....I want something easy ,and all in one. I tried sign cut and don't like it.

Signblazer is no longer in business, so that is why permanent trial. You can do registration marks in Signblazer,  just add rectangles, where you want them.  Have you read thru the Signblazer manual for any help?    

All in one is very hard to get without spending some money.  

you can do many more things in Signblazer elements than you can in Flexi Starter.

Bottom line, you're going to pay big money for a program that does more than SBE. Read the posts in the SB section. Learn the workarounds.

Using a cutter isn't as simple as using a printer and Printmaster or some program like that. It takes a lot of work to get good at it.

ya i looked thru it. i use to be able to put the reg. marks in but now I can't?:D it just always seems like there's something new not working on a daily bases, And I can't figure out why it saves everything in a temp file....needless to say i cleaned all my temp files out ,not knowing that and lost months of work.... i was just hoping i could get the pro version of signblazer, i have the demo of it ,and it looks like it has everything i want. But i guess u can't get Huh?

thanks bannerjohn, Practice I can do ..., patience I don't have....lol I wish it would just work.  :D

keep at it. There are many (including my own brother) who wouldn't have anything else.

I have both versions and there isn't much that the basic can't do at least that has to do with cutting. Better text interface and better deform options are about it. Yes and registration marks too but you can just use a circle or square of a different color.

Jay

does signblazer work with mac?:D??

No, it doesn't work with MAC.

Jay

Boy another strike!!!!!!!!!!well then. thanks

SB was designed to run on even slow windows machines with low memory. Your cutting software should really have a dedicated computer anyway.If you keep looking for bad things about it, you will never learn it.

I'm really not trying too look 4 the bad, it just keeps finding me .lol I'm not super computer savvy.Still learning! And i do have a computer that is just for doing vinyl stuff. I was thinking of getting a mac,but if signblazer wont work on it I guess I just maybe need to get a new pc. I don't know??? Thank u so much for helping me.  :D

Used Pcs are just as good,  I just purchase used XP laptops  on EBAY, Toshibas have been very good,  I own 2,  Xp is pretty stable.   and you can get great deals on them on EBAYor even a pc with serial

I have an old 1.6 Ghz Pentium 4 that runs SignBlazer just fine. It does tons more than programs costing hundreds of dollars and it is free. What's not to like?

I love that its free :D I just don't enjoy loosing all my work all the time! well I guess it must the user .lol I guess I'll keep trying to use it. Hopefully I'll get it figured out,before I pull all my hair out.

Here's a real cheap program that may be a way round your problem for very little outlay.

Joe

I love that its free :D I just don't enjoy loosing all my work all the time! well I guess it must the user .lol I guess I'll keep trying to use it. Hopefully I'll get it figured out,before I pull all my hair out.

make a folder for your work,and make a habit of saving it there.

I use inkscape (free) and Sign Cut Productivity Pro (came free with my cutter)

Signcut is only free for a year...had to point that out.