Sign in to follow this  
MikeOswald

Anyone able to use Artcut with their Graphtec?

I can get Corel and Robo Master Pro to run just fine with the plug in drivers, but no luck with Artcut.  What I am missing here?

did you switch the cutter back over to Hp-GL?   You have to in order to  use another cutting software.  other than a Graphtec program.

I did do that, but not sure how to recognize the cutter within software still.    I do not think it is a com port setting like my pcut and rabbit cutters, but this driver I think is for a USB port setting.  Every time I click the USB port setting in Artcut, artcut tells me "file not found"

sorry, can't help you then.  Some special reason you want to use Artcut?  I have seen too many complaints on it.  You can use Signblazer with a Graphtec.    Did you purchase that  54" Graphtec?  Just curious.

I have ALL my files, sized, nested, etc through artcut.    I have to resize and start over if I use Corel or Sign blazer.  More of a convienence issue. 

I did not buy the 54", just too big and too much for my budget.  I found a local person with a Robo Pro, new in box purchased in Nov of 09, for $600.  It will suit my stuff so much better and a lot better on the wallet too.  Now I just have to learn how to use it, lol.  Way over my head from what I am used to.  I am sure I will have lots more questions coming

3 years ago , Artcut was a dirty work around here . USCutter's e-bay sales stopped JUST short of badmouthing it . You may have a reason to use it because of your files , but SignBlazer is a million times better IMO . It may be better to do what it takes to transfer it into SignBlazer ... or InkScape since SignBlazer is getting very dated ( though there is still talk of an evolved version of SignBlazer that has already been tested ) . I am not holding my breath , but I am hoping ;D .

Thanks guys, I only use artcut as a program to click and cut.  All my designs are done in other programs, autocad, corel.  But I still love artcut, it is easy to use, simple, basic, and does a great job everytime for me.  I have started swictching files over to corel, its going to take awhile, but so dat loving the graphtec's speed and quality.

OH YES.  gotta love a Graphtec,  great purchase, and congratulations on the purchase.  Can your Artcut files be exported, as an .eps?

Thank you, glad to be in the graphtec family.

Yes, I can export eps, dxf, plt, but my multi-up parts where I might have 2 or 15 parts on a design nested tight togeterh, export as 1 group, then I have to ungroup them and and regroup.  Not hard, just time consuming with hundreds of files