Sign in to follow this  
Raquel

I'm new and oh so confused...

Hello, my name is Raquel, I have a new plotter it's a Rabbit HX720??? It came with ArtCut6 and I am finding that this is just horrible.

I have 3 questions...

#1 The general concensus on here seems to be to oust ArtCut...but what do you use in it's place? I need something that not only will help me design the graphics and I can upload exsisting designs into, but something that will communicate with my cutter? I have seen that you can use Corel...but that seems to be only to "create" and seen other names flown out there like SignBlazer, SignCut, Inkscape, and Flexipro...I am soooooo sooo confused!

#2 If I am stuck with ArtCut...how in gods name do I get it to accept my scanned graphic without making it look like it got run over? My graphic (before it's imported into ArtCut) looks just fine, but when I pull it into ArtCut it's all choppy and icky looking? HELP!!!!

#3 If I do indeed need a new program or a set of them is there someone or someones who can help to navigate my directional path and point me to the thing/things that I need in order to start cutting some vinyl and making it look nice?

THANKS in advance for all of your help!!

Raquel

Welcome form Clayton, GA!  New here also - the free download Inkscape has been a great place for me to start, then I checked the "how to" section of the forum link for tracing paths/bitmaps, etc.  I was up and running in no time.  Your not stuck with any particular program - enjoy the search!