leonard85

cutter wont turn on. PLEASE HELP!

first of all, what cutter is it? Make sure you are plugged in good on both the machine and in the wall. are you using the cord that came with the cutter? Only reason I ask that is because one day I packed up my machine along with all my computer stuff and moved it all and when I went to plug it back in, I used the cord from my computer instead and it wouldn't keep the power on. it would just flicker

I'm not sure if that model has the two end safeties or not... make sure the carriage isn't against the safeties, extreme right or left. If it is, turn power OFF and manually move the carriage of the safety.

So it does turn on? You get power to the plotter, but it's non-functional?

It gets power but everything blinks and nothing comes up on the screen and the fans dont turn on or anything. It makes a cliking noise and the blade will click up and down

It gets power but everything blinks and nothing comes up on the screen and the fans dont turn on or anything. It makes a cliking noise and the blade will click up and down

PM Ken, and you can also post this in the support request board. To me, it doesn't sound like a power/usb/computer issue - it sounds like it's all cutter.

Could be a manufacturers defect....they happen. Sounds like a motherboard issue to me, with the other possibility being a power supply. Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a ring.

:lol: