casperkyle

Help with banner 40 foot x 8 foot

I had a customer call today he is needing a banner 40 foot x 8 foot. He wants it done in vinyl so he can change the date each year to save money. This will be the biggest banner i have ever done so i could use a little help where can i get a banner blank that big? And how much would you charge to do something like this? would it be cheaper to hire a bigger company to do this for me? Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

post-8305-12986555227472_thumb.jpg

post-8305-12986555244561_thumb.jpg

In all honesty, i would do this printed and tell the customer each year you can put a "patch" over the date if it needs changed. This isn't a way i would want to do this but printing would be the BEST way to do something this large IMO

I would most likely outsource it to a larger company who can print this banner in the length since it's very large then mark it up.

where is the banner going to be displayed? If it is going to catch wind you will need to check with the city for specs on what it needs to be hung up. Are you hanging it?

For cut vinyl we would be around $2000 for 40x8. For printed we would be $3500 at least, maybe $4000.

IMO that's very high for printed, i don't think banners that are printed are any higher than $6 PSF here anyway and that would be just shy of $2k for this one but it would depend on what you can outsource it for

He says they are going to hang it on a large building (the Harley Davidson dealership in grand rapids MI)

My thought would be to outsource it ( in the back of the sign magazines , there are plenty of companies quoting $2 per sqaure foot to another sign company ) & leave the date area unprinted . Do cut vinyl for that & it can be peeled off & the new date applied every year .

You need to look at billboard wrap companies.  You can have these made for around a dollar a foot.  Gregory, Indy Imaging, etc.

You might leave the date and do it in vinyl so you can change it each year or do a patch.  Change the design to accommodate.