Sign in to follow this  
jason581

Do not know how to install cutter onto computer, please help

ok i have a 24" LP, and i laptop running windows 7 64bit.  when i connect the cutter using usb it installs the driver automatically but just the the usb to serial driver.  how to i install the cutter driver.  it does not show up in the device manager.  and when i try to install the drivers from the cd it says something about windows 64 bit not supported.  Is there no support for windows 7 64 bit using this cutter???

The cutter uses a modified hpgl command set  to keep it simple there is no separate printer driver the graghics software controls all commands to the printer. I use SBE

go to the cut menu

click on setup

set the cmmands to the serial port in device manager - look for a serial port using the fidi driver.

make sure you turn on the plotter and that it's set "on line"

then send something.

When i go to plug in the usb the computer automatically starts looking for the device and fails, when i go to manualy install the drivers it says somehting to the effect of these drivers not supported by windows 7 64 bit.  i purchased a usb to serial to try that and still nothing. 

Lueman when i go to the device manager there is nothing that states serial port.  Also y is it that every time i start SBE the trial has a count down which increases every time i open the program?

This is what my driver screen looks like. It doesn't list the ftdi because my cutter is not currently connected (it's at work). I'm not sure if the banana disk needs to be updated for Windows 7 64bit . But I haven't heard of anyone having problems till now.

post-4909-12986555218868_thumb.jpg

post-4909-12986555237712_thumb.jpg

So i plugged in the usb to a different port in my computer and it found the ftdi file.  It works Finally.  thanks guys for the help!!

now can you answer y i need to wait for a count down to open trial mode

I did answer your post on the countdown.  Go read it...  Your welcome

brickwall.gif

Use the sbnt.exe file instead you still have the "trial mode" screens but no count down. I started using this forum after this topic was run into the ground but long story short there will never be a true repair to SBE trial screens - if you think that sucks - I wouldn't even  mention SBE Hot Shop - Don't even go there, it will just end in tears!