tony853

its not lifting offf after the cut

hi wondered if anyone could help me im new to this and just got a cutter off ebay and it cuts great but doesn't lift off and scratches the vinyl anybody know what it is many thank  :thumbsup:

it could be static electricity..make sure the cutter is grounded to the stand. Or it could be a hardware issue. I suggest you submit a ticket to tech support.

Guest manwayvan

When press the online button to make it go offline you can use the up down arrows to make the head go up and down..Try this and see if it does anything..This should isolate some stuff..Also pull the front cover off and make sure that the carriage arm is properly attached to the motor

When press the online button to make it go offline you can use the up down arrows to make the head go up and down..Try this and see if it does anything..This should isolate some stuff..Also pull the front cover off and make sure that the carriage arm is properly attached to the motor

that just moves the vinyl forward or backward, it does not raise or lower the cutting arm. Make sure you have the blade properly installed. It should barely stick out of the bottom of the holder.

Guest manwayvan

Sorry ment the + and - buttons this lets my pcut blade raise and lower

i think its semi sorted it was something to do with .serial port or usb settings in control panel selecting hardware option helped loads it lifts off after cut , but if i did a bigger image it keeps scrawling a line thru image and wasting vinyl its doing my head in my other machine worked great it was all in chinese but has no power to it now after a storm so purchased this one and its been a right pain . is it somethinbg to do with artcut as i use that .

This is a creation so first thing you should do is check that the blade holder tightening screw is not over tightened so that it is rubbing into carriage cover... This happens all the time - not so tight guys!

:thumbsup:

Guest manwayvan

This is a creation so first thing you should do is check that the blade holder tightening screw is not over tightened so that it is rubbing into carriage cover... This happens all the time - not so tight guys!

:thumbsup:

Very true..I noticed that as well and installed some washers to keep the pressure without having to tighten the screw to full lenght..Hasnt been an issue with the replacement arm I received after breakin my original