Sign in to follow this  
Poot25

Inkscape to SBE issue

Hey guys,using Inkscape to import image,traced the bit map and saved as an .eps file ,finally got it to open in SBE ,but it is just a Black square box ,when I click on it it asks me if use reader or scanner,have tried both still won't open up on screen.Like I said its just a black square box in the file preview.HELP and THANKS

sounds like it still has bitmap in it (raster)  did you move the vector over and delete the original image  before you saved it as an .eps?

Yes I did,now bear with me,as I just startecd using inkscape. I traced,then moved origional then deleted it and saved,but went to open and its just a block of black.

Yeah,saved in Ink then imported to SB,that is wherre the black is

Tinaski,sorry-been away for aq while and just thought to check this post-I will try to post the file up tonight when I get home,thanks

AND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY,MY INKSCAPE PROGRAM HAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT SO I CAN'T FINISH THIS!!!!THANKS AGAIN  J

Thanks I will try that if I can get inkscape to work,everytime I try to open it ,I get a microsoft alert that its had a error occur and won't respond,then closes program.

If you got a black square in SBE cobbsticker is suggesting using the outline/wireframe mode in SBE to see if your image is actually there, just hidden because it is black against a black square background

Did you get it redrawn to your satisfaction and just having problems getting it into SBE?

-Mike

Thanks for clearing that up,I thought it was in inkscape he was talking about,will try tonight to see if its there.Thanks  J