Sign in to follow this  
sherwood

Saving inkscape as EPS File

I am working in inkscape trying to save a traced bitmap as an EPS File. After deleting the jpg I try to save it as A EPS File and keep getting a reoccurring error That says. The File was saved with a format( Encapsulated Postscript Output) That may cause Data loss! It gives me 3 options, Close without Saving, Cancel, or  Save as SVG, Any Ideas What I am doing incorrectly? I did a quick search of the forum for others having this problem, and did not see anything. I am fairly certain it is something I am doing as I am Fumbling my way through Learning This Program. Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!

save as svg inkscape dont like to save  eps files in windows-- you can try to export them

you need to SAVE IT as an eps. i have never had a problem doing this in windows. the warning is telling you that once you close inkscape, you wont be able to open the file you just saved again in inkscape. that should be a completely different issue that trying to save it.

just to be sure, you are going to "save as" and specifying that eps and naming the file?? then a box should pop up asking something about the the type of eps, i just leave it at whatever default its at and click ok. thats all thats needed.

after that, when you try to colse, just hit "close withpout saving" unless you are planning on editing it in inkscape more later.

yes your right i use it all the time but that did slip my mind - if you dont save it as an svg it will ask you do you want to save it as an svg (its primary format)

when you do save it - have you check to see if the fime is accually there

you have to save it as a EPS first so you can later import it into SB, but then save it again as a EPS if you ever care to modify it in INKS again. if you know its perfect, then just click "close without saving" and no biggy, you will still have the EPS to load into SB.

Cobbstickers - I agree with what you are saying to do - but I think you mean to save it in .svg (not .eps a second time) if you want to work in it again in Inkscape - .

-Mike