Sign in to follow this  
ddm00767

What's usual price for banners??

Just made 4 banners at really special price for some friends and now have order for 4 more. I haven't had a chance to make up a prioe list yet and these were my first banners. Whats the price going for 3' x 10' banner, 4 colors? Thanks for any help!

I charge about 3.00 a sq foot  so your looking at  like 90 bucks

Your not charging for multi colors? Your leaving a TON of money on the table by not doing this. Unless your printing it, you should be charging for more than 1 color.

So your telling me that you will be a 4 color banner the same price as a 1 color?  ;D

Cut vinyl banners in my area are going for $5.00 PSF and printed i'm getting $6.50 PSF

Remember that just because the guy down the street is low balling doesn't mean you need to match their prices. Have good quality work and it won't matter what the other guy is charging .

I pay the same for Blue as I do for red,green,etc in vinyl. I can't justify charging more for colors. It doesn't take me any longer or cost me any more. If I have 4 lines of text, I lay them down one line at a time. If each line is a different color,why should I charge more?

$5 a square foot is the going rate here...but in PR it might be a lot more since you are an Island nation and I hear supplies cost more.

Yeah, viynl here the prices vary. I have the chart that shows how much my vinyl is psf, psy and I think even psi but when I punched every thing in I said WTF really super low and since had not done any banners yet had no idea how long it would take to put them together. Took us most of the day for the 4 because of the logo and stuff. Though my "helper" slows me down but have to let him help to avoid hurt feeelings. Rainy day, not much else to do anyway. I guess I could go $5 psf for these folks, and higher for next jobs. Thanks guys!

I think a lot of places charge for multiple colors to account for changing vinyl on the machine and for having to carry multiple colors in stock. Don't necessary agree with it because when I print I don't charge for multiple colors.

Actually, for some reason they are cheaper in PR. I realize now that I live here in the States.

Actually, for some reason they are cheaper in PR. I realize now that I live here in the States.

I guess it all depends on where you buy.

My local supplier has the best price on Oracal I've found anywhere.

I think a lot of places charge for multiple colors to account for changing vinyl on the machine and for having to carry multiple colors in stock. Don't necessary agree with it because when I print I don't charge for multiple colors.

I keep all colors in stock because it's cheaper to buy in bulk.

As for changing rolls..I don't even have to get up out of my chair to do that. My cutter is behind me. I just swing the chair around. At a certain age, you begin to think of ANY way you can make things easier.

Amen on the making it easier John I accept help on lifting or moving things now that I would have been pissed when I was younger if some one had offered to help.  About 5.00 a fot in our area also

Dan

Really, Joe? Surprised to hear that, must be about the only thing cheaper here. ;-)

we are at 5.00 psf for vinyl. we got our printer set up now we need to come up with a price for printed.

Guest fivestar

we are at 5.00 psf for vinyl. we got our printer set up now we need to come up with a price for printed.

I am at $6.00 sq ft for printed banners.

I am at $6.00 sq ft for printed banners.

sounds great to me