quadi

Newbie needs help with clean-up and vectorizing

Can someone please help me with this. I downloaded this for a client in a different state. The image was missing part of the oval at the top. I used inkscape and changed the image from a jpg. to and eps. file, but it will not open in SB as anything but a jpg. file. When I try to import it into SB the image does not transfer so that I can vectorize it?:thumbsup:?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!  PS I have tried to attach image, but all I get is [img.]. What do I do with that?;D

You can't just resave a jpg to eps and import it in SB. You have to actually vectorize the image in inkscape before you save it as eps. SB will only recognized vectors.

Have you tried using the trace feature in inkscape?

I finally managed to get the image vectorized. I scanned it into SB, then went into 'iage' monochromed it, then vectorized it. However, it is not clean at all, and I still need help with it. I still am having trouble uploading into this sight. will try again. Thanks.[/img]

if it's a rush job check out JoeCamaro and Draksis for digitizing service - good work, fast and reasonable

Thanks, Scott! I contacted Drakesis and he was able to clean up the file and eps. for me. I had tried until I was about to lose it, so I finally decided to let someone help me. Drakesis' price was very reasonable and the file cut very, very clean. Thanks