Sign in to follow this  
pyrophire

Create before you ask?

I've been seeing a lot of requests for graphics that can easily be made and I'm wondering if people even try creating/and or looking for these vectors before posting for someone to find it for them or make it for them.

I just read a post where someone was looking for a 7 point star, something that could be created using the star tool in illustrator or similar app.

Also saw a request for a rear window of a car, something that can be acquired with a phone/camera and walking at the most, 100 feet outside.

This is in no way calling out anyone, but am I the only on that thinks that you need to learn some design software before you start offering a service in which you can not produce your own graphics? If you dont have the time to learn some design, hire someone that does and you can do the production end of creating the end product.

I'm all for the mom and pop shops doing their thing, but not when they start asking others to provide them with resources and items in which they profit from and take the credit for.

Lol too funny - your so right that's why I posted the help new people - most designs either can be made or vectored very easy - I don't mind helping but comon I have a hard time askin for help if I try try try and still can't get it then I will ask but in todays world with the internet what your askin for has prob all ready been done. Resurch how to arch youtube it - how to make a star youtube it find one here in the forums -

The first few times askin understandable but I saw two posts in a row looking for the same design READ. Some people don't take any time at all to look for something.

I don't want to get on a high horse and I know not everyone is like that but it only take a few to spoil it for everyone.

+1

When I started out, I didn't tell anybody for a while.  I wanted to make sure that I could do it before committing.  I had my cutter for about 8 months before I posted my first call for graphic help.

It bothers me when someone posts:  Just received my cutter (the cheapest available), have a HUGE order that needs to be filled by morning, and how do it use this thing?

Really?  LOL.

Prestonservco,

Agreed. That's just like a guy buying a bunch of tools and then calling himself a mechanic working on high end cars. Just because you have tools, doesn't make you a mechanic, just like having design software doesnt make you a designer.

Congrats on getting clients, but too bad you have cost the rest of us their trust because we might not have a "shop" setup they think that we are all just like the newbiest one around.

yeah, I've started looking at members profiles before I help them out.  If they only have 20 posts over the last 6 months - and all of them are graphic requests - then I find something else to do. 

If it looks as though someone is actually trying to figure things out, then I'll stay up late helping them. 

yeah, I've started looking at members profiles before I help them out.  If they only have 20 posts over the last 6 months - and all of them are graphic requests - then I find something else to do. 

If it looks as though someone is actually trying to figure things out, then I'll stay up late helping them. 

Well put, my thoughts exactly.  I do the same thing.

Absolutely

It's called being lazy and want everyone to do work for them.

Just like when I have users on here who go behind my back and ask for all my templates so he can profit off them without me knowing.

Just like when I have users on here who go behind my back and ask for all my templates so he can profit off them without me knowing.

mader i will take what ya have LOL oooooo better yet why dont you just send me your computer and ya might as well through in a cutter as well

aint that the truth

Since you're offering up that idea... can I can I can I? ok, not really...

But I agree, sometimes, I get a little irritated when you help out a newbie on their first couple of requests for vectorizing and attempt to teach them how to do it themselves (thinking that they really did want to learn) and you keep seeing the same people asking for help over and over again. Sigh... maybe that's why I stop visiting that thread...

Guest kenya

It bothers me when someone posts:  Just received my cutter (the cheapest available), have a HUGE order that needs to be filled by morning, and how do it use this thing?

I agree......... now that's over the top when asking for help.

When I started out........ I read, read, read & tried, tried & tried to do it myself.

Only asking for alittle help here & there. But when I see the same people asking & asking, it really is too much.

I still get some files that I just can't vectorized, but I will pay to have it done.... not just asking for help all the time.

Some members even say it's a just hobby...... oh come on, I bet you've sold a decal or two.  :D

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime."  Karma will sort out the freeloaders form those who truly seek to succeed.

I remember sharing with you and I got nothing in return and you have templates

I hope he shares them with everyone maybe I will get some.

Here we go JoeDirt lol I tried to share those files with you. But you'd always be like, "I'll be back later" haha

Asking for help is not bad at all. That is what we are here. Now, asking to get the most jobs done for you, not something else.

You can always visit www.decalization.com  :D

My next request is going to be Ill open a full fledge sign shop furnish you guys on the forum with my wants and needs and send my vinyl if you will buy the equip and design programs to cut my signs and decals I will take advantage of you with no thank you or payment.

LOL LOL LOL !! These people just need to get real

I want to take time to personally say thanks to you for the help and learnings you learnt me HA HA !Thanks jhelms

My wife thought my reply wasnt right to make sure you guys dont take any offense to this Im just kiddin  You can see who wears the pants around my house jhelms

With all this said I was going to offer thousands of eps files for $10 a sheet of about 30-50 a sheet low cost and stop newbies from bugging everyone but I recieved alot of neg feed back

And it will tech them to vetor or if there will to pay why not 

And most of the people that gave me the neg feedback is posting on this thread

All I was askin for is pay for the time it takes to compile all this

I am flexable on price and mabey it would lessen the berden on every one

I am very new to this vinyl deal and since I've been here I've found all the software i need to get one piece of art to a cut able format.

simple searches on the site you will find the art you need either on the site or a link to the sites where the art is, not real difficult.

i think it is a good idea to want to sell the files to people requesting them, I've used vector magic along with signblazer and being new im sure im not doing everything the fastest and most correct way, so what im saying its time consuming and not that easy for the average user to do themselves.

if you charge then others may teach themselves like i did to learn to do it.

does seem like people ask for lots of things that a simple site search would find. the stuff is so easy to find, just look around.

I still get some files that I just can't vectorized, but I will pay to have it done.... not just asking for help all the time.

Some members even say it's a just hobby...... oh come on, I bet you've sold a decal or two.  :D

just because ive sold a few dosent mean its not just a hobby. not picking on you, just pointing out you cant just paint everyone with a broad brush.

but back on subject, ive noticed the same. either way, if someones not asking for something like a file that i made up personally, for myself, i really wouldnt be able to find much else in my big folder of eps's ive downloaded from here "just in case". that said, there IS a search feature here.

afa paying for it, most of the time when i see someone here posting that they will pay someone to vectorize this or that, i usually try to do it, just for practice. if they needed it, i wouldnt charge, just doing it for the challenge.  bad part is, im not that good at it yet, and there are usually 10 others that have it done before i do.

also, to add, ive actually been kind of upset a few times when i posted a jpeg and asked "how do i do this" then someone did it for me. sure, it was appreciated, dont get me wrong, but i was looking to find out HOW to do it. but those things are few and far between thanks to the many great vids put up by members here. again, i used the search.

i think a good thing to do in the future, would be if someone was needing an image vectorized, would be to NOT give them the file, but point them to the proper tutorial and help THEM do it.

Ill admit i asked for graphic  help today, but then again  i was having a brain fart.  Dakota  said what to do and I was like DUH.  Been doing this  for quite a while and just had a brain fart.