Sign in to follow this  
Foghorn12

Our New Logo

Been working on a logo for our business for about a week and i think i finally came up with something i like. But still not sure.

I worked on it a little at a time, stepping away and coming back to it to see what i liked and didn't like.

Feel free to critique. What you like, what you don't like. What would you change? You can be honest, we can take it.

Thanks

Trevor

post-6374-12986553170824_thumb.jpg

post-6374-1298655318361_thumb.jpg

I like the oversized d....but not that oversized.  Thats my only critique.

I prefer my logos more minimalist myself, but yours looks good!

I prefer minimalistic logos too, but I must say I like this one. Looks retro and elegant and cool at the same time  B) I personally like it.

Did you make the vinyl version of it?

I think i agree about the D being too big. I want the oversized look but i do agree it might be too big. fivestar will be doing the printing for me so I haven't seen the finished product yet. In fact i haven't even ordered it. He does all my printing and is great to work with

Cool, but will you also make a one color version of it so you can cut with vinyl and also a multi color version for vinyl cutting?

I'll probably make a layered version for fun. Little too busy with customer jobs right now but when i get some time I'll do it and post pics

Guest YHC

I'll probably make a layered version for fun. Little too busy with customer jobs right now but when i get some time I'll do it and post pics

I like it  B) but would be interested in seeing it in one color as well.

Have come to the conclusion that it's a little busy. I'm going to work on it some and see what I can come up with

This is just my 2 cents

The design is great I think well thought out and original.

But in advertising plain and simple is the way to go in my opinion.

If you need to take even 1 second to figure out what something says people wont take that time.

During your day you are bombarded with thousands of ads and logos do you take the time to look at them?

Next time you are out take notice of all the big names out there Target, Smiths, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Walmart and so on simple to the point just there name you know it in less than 1 second.

This is just my 2 cents

The design is great I think well thought out and original.

But in advertising plain and simple is the way to go in my opinion.

If you need to take even 1 second to figure out what something says people wont take that time.

During your day you are bombarded with thousands of ads and logos do you take the time to look at them?

Next time you are out take notice of all the big names out there Target, Smiths, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Walmart and so on simple to the point just there name you know it in less than 1 second.

:D

True.

I agree with this as well but let's be a little realistic here. We know those names because they spend millions upon millions every year in advertising and branding. They don't need flashy, head turning logos because they drill the smiple logos into our heads everywhere we look. As a small business you need to be more colorful and use different typesets to stand out from that other company down the road that does the exact same thing as you. It helps break out from the usual clutter.

If a potential customer is looking at your business and your competitor down the road, knowing nothing about either company, you want to stand out. If one sign was made with stock fonts on microsoft word and the other has a little more flash and style, who is the customer most likely to pick?

I cater to small businesses and I'm trying to show them I'll design something out of the ordinary that stands out in a crowd and gets them recognized on a tight budget.

Can't compare small business logos with logos that belong to billion dollar corporations.

I do agree with you though. My logo is a bit busy. The foghorn is hard to read at a distance so that will be my first area to attack.

Keep the critiques coming. That's why we're here and I love it.

I like it. I would only like to see some simple versions of it because you will need them for decals, promo shirts, newspaper ads. If you can have a Full color logo that will also work good in one color then it will be fine. Make it work both ways :D

I think it looks great!

Of course if you've seen my stuff you know I go for flashy

MM64  :D

Sorry but I don,t like it, the reason is that the D looks almost like a Q and I had to squint to read the name of the company, its too small and blurred. Just my opinion.

Guest Marek

^^ the name being hard to read is because there is no contrast between the background and the word foghorn .When ever I'm doing a logo I scale it way down on my monitor before the final (about 1"x1") just to see how legible or recognizable it would be from a distance .

I think they did that on purpose the whole "Dsigns", I thought it was clever. But i do have to agree with th majority of people saying that the "D" is too big and the "foghorn" is too hard to read. Honestly I think its the fill that makes it hard to read. Due to the fade of colors it makes it hard to read. Maybe if you outlined that word with something contrasting so you can differentiate between the letters, backgroung, etc. it would look better or maybe a solid fill instead of the chrome(thats what it looks like anyway). Simplistic is best. I havent designed anything really, but I have a bunch of business cards in my wallet and all of them use easily readable fonts and they stand out against the background. Im def interested in seeing what you come up with after youve changed it. :D

Yes D'Signs is supposed to be like that. The weekend was busier than I though so I wasn't able to finish up. I'll work on it some tonight and post a revised design. The prismatic font is gone on foghorn so it's much easier to read.

WOW!!! Much better!!! I love it. easily readable for sure. I noticed you put an out line on the "Dsigns" part which makes it pop out. A huge improvement over the first one. I also noticed that you changed the Red background to a blue one. There a reason for that? The "D" is scaled much better I think. Id be very proud of this logo for sure if I were you. Good job. :thumbsup:

The reason for the blue background is to contrast the orange/yellow lettering. I think it works better than the red. Blue and gold is also our local school's colors so that makes it a bit more appealing to the locals.