theycallmeSDZ

Total vinyl newbie from Ohio

I am Sean....they call me SDZ.

I just bought a USCutter Mht-365. Its the little 12" cutter.

I still have not cut anything because the cutter keep tearing the vinyl to shreds. Hopefully I can get help here. I am really ready to throw this thing in the trash.....LOL

Just set your blade about 1/2 the thickness of a credit card then test before starting any cuts also check the blade pressure may take a little playing with to adjust right, also if you cut a different vinyl test first to see how it cuts the new vinyl  and welcome to the forum what little i know i learned here

Dan

Guest kenya

Welcome from Florida SDZ.  B)

Thanks guys.

I am gonna keep trying. Still havent gonna even one good cut on any vinyl.

Its getting very annoying.

Do more expensive machines calibrate the blade length for you?

If so, I might have to buy one. I cant get this figured out.

I am having a sizing issue too. The cutter wants to do a 42inch decal. All I want is an 8 inch. I cant figure out the way to change it. I am getting ready to just hire someone to make my decals and say eff it.

on every vinyl cutter you have to adjust the length of the blade. ,that is part of the set up.  blade should just be barely sticking out of the blade holder.  barely see the tip.  The vinyl is only 2-3mm so it does not take much  blade to cut it.

Just make sure not to damage the machine, there are several people here who would be glad to punish your machine for being bad, by making it work EVERY SINGLE DAY from this point forward.

Welcome from Iowa.

Just take your time and adjust the blade until you almost can't see it and try a cut. If that does not work, give it a little more blade, then repeat until you get your proper cut depth. It does not take long to figure out once you get the hang of it. And don't let it get you down. We all started out as newbies and you go through a good bit of vinyl getting things set up right.

I finally got the blade figured out. thank god.

Now I just need to know where to get good quality vinyl.

I bought a 5 roll starter pack off of ebay last week.

The vinyl doesnt stay stuck to the backing at all.

While you are weeding it, all the letters lift off effortlessly.

I need some good stuff. Carbon fiber pattern stuff too....that would be fun.

Glad you got the blade finally   B)   I would be returning the vinyl to who ever you bought it from.  plenty of places to buy vinyl,  use a search engine for sign supply stores in your area to get you started now.  Then purchase from a better priced dealer and have it shipped to you.  

Hey Sean, I am also new, and also from ohio!

I have found that you get what you pay for. I too got burned on ebay vinyl. I have since only bough avery and oracle and things could never be better!

Where do I get the vinyl you are talking about?

I got some LG vinyl and it is pretty nice, but it is not very flexible. It is really hurting my projects as well.

You can buy Oracal vinyl right from USCutter .com  or if you are closer to Memphis,  Signuniverse.com  Or just do a search online for a sign supply store close to you.