Sign in to follow this  
mabco12

Layer multiple vinyl layer with success??

Hi All,

Does anyone have any tips for doing this?? I know registration marks and light tables are great ideas. I am trying to teach grade 7&8 students the layering technique on fairly small graphic images. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ;D!!

if you will search the forum there are numereous threads and videos on youtube.com  for layering decals. 

Thanks speedoggy

I will take your advice and search for info but I thought I would take a chance and see if anyone had some simple pointers to this process.

best tip is trying it yourself.   Find the easiest way for you.  People do it differently. and get the same results.

Guest kenya

I agree.

Watch these videos & get in your comfort zone when doing layers. ;D

Clear tape, and peel your backing paper off and reapply it leaving only the registration points with no backing, line them up with the lower layer, apply it, then hinge it back, pull the backing paper off & lay it down.

Clear tape, and peel your backing paper off and reapply it leaving only the registration points with no backing, line them up with the lower layer, apply it, then hinge it back, pull the backing paper off & lay it down.

:thumbsup: +1

Thanks for all of your help I will them those suggestions a try with my students. Thanks again :thumbsup:!!

OK, STILL pretty new, can do basic cuts, but have not ventured out into layering.. this is why I am reading on the forum today! I watched some of these videos... BUT i do not understand where they got those dots to line up?:D i am using signblazer trial... puma II... and i have photoshop c3.. If anyone can tell me the trick to those dots i would appreciate it!

clear app tape works great.

Here is my first atempt. and i have no clue what i was doing at the time.

i havn't used the reg marks yet. but pratice and time

IMG_0147.JPG

OK, STILL pretty new, can do basic cuts, but have not ventured out into layering.. this is why I am reading on the forum today! I watched some of these videos... BUT i do not understand where they got those dots to line up?:huh: i am using signblazer trial... puma II... and i have photoshop c3.. If anyone can tell me the trick to those dots i would appreciate it!

use the shape tool to make circles or squares......

Good vids, I like the way they use the registration marks on the third one.

Did you happen to pay attention to the lyrics on the second one, don't play it for your kids even though they may have heard it or said it.