Sign in to follow this  
vectorman

applaying the vinyl on wet insideout a window

hallo

latly i hade a barber shop to decoreit and he asked to apply the vinyl on the window from inside ,so what u see from outside is the internal  (the side with the gloo) of the vinyl

i yoused water only (mybe there were a bit of sohp leftovers) to aplly.

the finel resolt wasent the best -all kind of whiat spots 

somebody

have an idea haw i got rid of it

did i needed to use alchohol or spirt in the job

someone ever try to use oil for a perfect job?

im trying to uplod an image but it seem noto work

thank u all 4 youre time[img][img][img][/img][/img][/img]

definately air or water. next time,squeegie more...and then more again.

its aroun 10 dayes afther and ther are still ugly whit big spots on it  :notsure:

i guss ill have to fix it...

i took one slice off and the spot drayed fther 3-4 minuts,but the problen is to open the stripes get them dry and the to close them.even if i use heat most likly they will twiest

i think the moiset stuck insied and coused the whit spotts

hey vectorman, where you from? just curious.

as for the white spots, I would get someone to help me and I would pull it up, keep it pulled tight (not too tight or you'll stretch it) and squeegee while applying heat from a blowdryer. It should be easy to get a hair dryer since you are at a salon. :thumbsup:

the couse of the white spots was moist that got dawn on the lower stripes from the upper one and locked inside the dry vinyl.

the viynl reacted streange in some of the places -like the moist change the gloo of the viynil to white pawder,i tryed to use heat but it didnt help-every time i touch it it gon worse.

my finel conculoshion is

1. not to thoch it eventoally it disapper espacially if it have good exposhor to the sun-in this case it was inside of a mall.

2.the vinyl was old: its a 3 years "interadhesive" which i guss layed a lot of time(normally i dont work white thise matirial i use "kemica"by tecmark)

my sopllayer run uot from so he send me this nasty stuff.but no worries  i got my free roll  :thumbsup: and belive me i throw all the leftovers from the  "interadhesive"

and israel is the place i live

:snow:so i hope u guyes have a lovly hollyday

ronen

Hi All,

I don't have time today to write a detailed post on how to install vinyl on the inside of windows.

I will in the future.

However here are some pointers.

1. use a vinyl lubricant and if you cannot buy any make up a solution as follows

to a one litre container add about 100 ml of methylated spirits (denatured alcohol) and a few drops of the most expensive dishwashing liquid you can buy.  Then make the volume up to one litre with distilled water.  Use this instead of water.

2. Clean the window with window cleaner and then rub with newspaper until it sparkles.

You cannot have the window too clean.

3. Apply the vinyl in the smallest areas or bits possible using some of the lubricant made up in 1 above.

Spray it on to the glass after you have positioned the vinyl (with tape) and before you remove the backing paper.

4. Always with the squeegee work from the centre outwards.  Never from the sides to the centre.

5. not advised unless it is necessary, use a pin to prick any bubbles.

Hope the above helps

Jerry from SignBlazer,

Hope this helps