Sign in to follow this  
odokie

Cutter wont cut now???

Hi, Everything was working fine, I had to un plug the USB cable, I pluged it back in and now the cutter wont cut.  It just sits there, it does not show sending to output cutter, nothing.

I didnt change any settings.  Please help!

Thanks!!!

turn off computer -- turn off cutter,, turn cutter on, turn computer back on . . . cut

Did you also verify the com port did not change on you, and also, sometimes the baud rate changes too, make sure the cutter and the software matches.

Yes I did all of those things...you guys are great!! 

I went ahead and downloaded the driver for my new laptop and used that since I had some jobs to do; but I will need to figure out why my desktop stoped working with my cutter.

If I continue using my laptop to cut will it be OK if I keep unplugging the cutter from it, do all of you plug and unplug from your cutter?

Thanks again!!!

I keep my cutter on a dedicated computer that is only for my business, has my designs etc. . and plugged in.  Personal stuff on another computer.  You can pick up good used computers on EBAY cheap. I still use XP for my business computer, and purchased an xp backup a few months ago,,,,,but my cutter stays plugged in.  and if one of these croak,  I will purchase another xp.  more stable,

usually it is not a problem - witht he usb sometimes it is just a matter of having the cutter on when you start signblazer

Maybe the driver on your desktop somehow got corrupted. Might be worth it to try uninstalling and reinstalling it again.

That is also how I was doing it, using my desktop for the cutter and my lap top for all other stuff.  But moved a couple things around and had to unplug it, when I put it all back together I couldnt get it to cut...weird.  At least I do have a back up, but will have to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

Mary Ann

I unplug mine all the time... to put things away sence I do most of my stuff in the living room in front of the tube :thumbsup:

I was told by the guy that takes care of my coumpter to always plug it back into the same port... and also that sometimes the ports on the side don't always have the same power as the back

I've always done this so I can't say what happens if you don't

Good Luck

MM64  :thumbsup: