Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

Have a flat panel monitor you aren't using??

I bought one of these,and it works great! Turns your flat panel monitor into a flat screen TV. All you need is a cable connection. No computer. I love mine.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3573144&sku=M501-1334&srkey=Sabrent%20TV-LCDHR%20Stand%20Alone%20TV%20Tuner

less than $50 shipped. You can also use it if you have a flat pnale TV already that the tuner is bad, from what I read.

well I'd been thinking about buying a TV and had about 6  extra monitors. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

Most newer monitors are set up with two inputs and a built in A/B switch. One could be your computer the other TV. You can watch TV while cutting.

Jay

Do you believe this receiver would perform well in marginal reception installations?

in the US, it won't perform at all. IT doesn't receive over-the-air. One that does that is about $15 more,and they have those too.

DVI and HDMI use the same data to describe video, so if you have a HDMI source and a DVI monitor, you can use a dvi-to-hdmi adapter cable.  They're available all over the place.

DVI and HDMI use the same data to describe video, so if you have a HDMI source and a DVI monitor, you can use a dvi-to-hdmi adapter cable.  They're available all over the place.

and your point is?