Sign in to follow this  
lmasse8326

PCUT cutting uneven

I have the pcut 630. Using 24" oracle vinyl, I am have a problem with the blade cutting perfect at one end and cutting through the vinyl on the other. I have adjusted the offset and pressure settings. I also replaced the blade. I have searched the forum, but haven't found this problem. I read that the blade holder needs to be oiled, I've had my machine for a year and haven't done this. Any help would be appreciated.

another thing that has happened with this is . . .make sure the carriage is on the tracks and a roller has not jumped off.  has it always cut this way?

Dakota,

I checked the rollers and they are on track...everythings looks fine. No matter where I cut, the right side of the cutter has the deeper cuts. Thanks

No it hasn't. I think it has something to do with changing the blade. I tried adjusting blade holder and it seems to be working better. Thanks for trying to help me.

Look at your cutter strip on the bottom under the blade iit is white plastic if you cut to deep you may have cut in to this may need to replace jhelms

j

I believe your exactly right. I checked the strip and it is cut up in the same spot that it is cutting through the vinyl. Is this easy to replace? I have searched for forum and can't find any information on this. I appreciated your info

believe or not you guys posted the strip 4 to 5 weeks ago and you can teach an old dog new tricks I did remember it so now I was able to help another glad to helpGood luck jhelms