Sign in to follow this  
mrfrank

MH-721 "Wonky" cuts.

Hello.

I have been having some trouble with my MH-721 recently. When ever I cut a design, it always comes out "wonky"/ inaccurate. I used to be able to get clean cuts with no problems at all.

Why is this happening?

Specs are:

US Cutter MH Refine - 721

Windows Vista

USB connection

FlexiSignPRO v.7.6 (v2)

Had the machine for about a month.

Anyone have any ideas..?

Thank you.

(I have also read a post here about someone with my exact problem BUT his solution did not solve my problem. It was changing the packet size to 1000KB.)

How did you get Flexi Pro 7.6 to work on Vista?  It was not made Vista compatible until it went to version  8.5...

I don't know.. The person who sold it to me just gave me it. Is it this a problem..?

It could be. What were you using when you were getting good cuts?

oh YES!! a real copy comes with a password and USB dongle so it is protected.  After all, a real copy runs around $4000  give or take.

I was using the SignCut PRO trial at first (Cause i heard it was really good.), but that ran out, so i went with the FexiCut that the seller gave to me.

so if the bad cuts started when you switched to Flexi, it would be a pretty good guess that the problem is Flexi and it's incompatability with Vista. I suggest you download SignBlazer and try it. At least it's free and will tell you if the cutter is OK. You can find the download on the US Cutter website.

Oh no.. and WOA! The price... I can't be caught using this..

And i will check SignBlazer out then. Thanks for the alternative.

here is a real version of Flexi  Pro 7.6  shown with the dongles.  Of course it will go alot cheaper than the newer versions.   It is not as updated and not Vista compatible.    USED   But it is still not something that anybody just gives away.  It will still bring a decent amount,  as it can be used on XP  and older Windows, It is still worth more than than the vinyl cutter.. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FlexiSIGN-Pro-Scanvec-Amiable-Flexi-Sign-Vinyl-Cutter_W0QQitemZ370342406389QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item563a20a8f5

Hmmm...That really is a lot...

I think I should either buy SignCut or just use SignBlazer.

Thank you for your help.

Will let you know if the problem persists.

Haha yeah I know. I am quite annoyed at the seller for this.. Could have got me in a lot of trouble. And I don't want to start a business with illegal software.

You might like Flexistarter 8.6 though,  I have been using  Flexistarter  for about 4 years..  never any problems.  It is basically a cutting software though.    You can get it on EBAY for $99. -$129.  and it has contour cutting on it.    Better than renewing a license,,  You can do your vector with inkscape  which is FREE  and import into Flexistarter. Or follow Banner John's idea and try Signblazer  which is free.