Sign in to follow this  
wijames

Trouble saving in CS4!

I'm having trouble saving files in CS4 so they will import into Signblazer. I've tried several formats (IL, EPS, etc) with no success. I can do the same file in Inkscape and save it as an EPS. and it imports fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Any possible solutions?

When I export it to an .eps it seems to work fine for me

When I go through the "Postscript interpreter" it looks like it's going to import but doesn't show up.

Just copy/paste from Illy right into SB, resize, cut.

For some reason, that doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried several different designs but some part of it always looks and cut bad. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but can't quite figure it out.

Just copy/paste from Illy right into SB, resize, cut.

For some reason, that doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried several different designs but some part of it always looks and cut bad. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong but can't quite figure it out.

If you can post a file or send it, I can maybe figure out why.  You need to outline text and convert as many things into compound objects as possible with the Pathfinder tools.

I have been using this method for around 2 years (only method I ever used) and have figured out a few things that will screw up objects, but I haven't had a single problem since I switched to CS4.

Where can I send the file to. I see I can only attach up to a 512 here and both of the files I'm having trouble with are 1Meg.

Thanks

Butch

have you tried saving your design as an older version of Illy? such as version 8, then import into Sign blazer

No, I haven't yet but I will this weekend.

Thanks