Sign in to follow this  
Styled Stickz

Sign I made

Here's a sign I made for a local cheer organization. Tell me what you think. I know it's a little off center, my bad. Any tricks you talented folks wish to share on aligning?

post-6431-12986550005494_thumb.jpg

post-6431-12986550022099_thumb.jpg

Most if not all design programs have alignment tools in them....for me the inkscape ones are particularly intuitive and aahst one of the reasons I use the program.

I align all my designs in Corel or Inkscape, but I used the Cricut machine to cut this so I couldn't cut it all in one shot. That's where I need alignment help for placing seperate graphics onto the substrate. Hopefully that will become a thing of the past now, FedEx just delivered my MH871!  :thumbsup: Now if I could just learn the SB program!  :rolleyes: haha

Good looking sign. Congrats on the MH-871. Just a word of caution though. If you put it on the metal stand, be sure to ground the stand to the unit. I don't think they're shipping ground cables with those machines.

I bought one a few months back and have been using it sitting on a table, no problems. I decided to re-arrange and move it onto the stand and the first time I used it on there, ZAP!  :rolleyes: The static discharge from a new roll of vinyl jumped all the way to the motherboard and the carriage stopped moving up and down. The US Cutter tech support did some diagnostics over the phone and sent out a new motherboard. I replaced it and the machine works fine again.

Thanks everyone! And thanks for the tip on grounding! That will save me a lot of headache:) I got flexi,can't get it to cut though.It does the test cut fine but when I go to cut a file some error pops up and I have to shut it down. I think it's because I don't have any com ports available, idk.  :rolleyes:

I agree I really like the color combination.  :rolleyes:

Anymore I just eye ball for aligning it.  SB was the first program we learned on, spend some time on it and check out the section for SB, alot of good tricks in there.

Guest kenya

Nice design.

To help with laying it all out.

I measure the coro & put a small mark at the top & bottom, in the middle.

Then after I apply my app tape, I always put a mark on the center of the text.

I lay a drywall square on top & make sure that my marks all line up.

All the text is centered.  :o

This process takes a few more minutes, but beats eyeballing it for me.  :o