Sign in to follow this  
wijames

Using signblazer for design?

Does anyone use signblazer for simple design? I a hobbiest not a sign maker so I'm looking for a simple software to do both design and cutting. I had one that was great 10 years ago called DR Stika when I bought my Roland Stika. Now my stika has died and I'm looking at a bigger USCutter. I've played around with the demo of signblazer but I don't seem to be able to do even simple design and make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simple designs can be done in SignBlazer. If you need more, try InkScape. It is a free vector based graphics program similar to Illustrator or Corel.

Jay

i have used sbe and my plotter to make full sized templates for fabrication a couple of times. works great! but first you must calibrate the software and the plotter so the output is the right size.

bb

would have been great if Jerry had not died so young and development could have continued.  I have given up on the reintroduction by the new owners after 2 years of coming soon . . .

i have used sbe and my plotter to make full sized templates for fabrication a couple of times. works great! but first you must calibrate the software and the plotter so the output is the right size.

bb

How do I do that exactly?

Thanks

I've been using SBE for about 3 years doing a bit of everything from signs, decals, banners, and just about everything else I can think of.

Tried Flexi at one point -- went back to SBE.

bb

Thanks

use the pen in place of the knife and draw as big a square as you can draw on paper. measure it and compare your measurement to the drawing in your software. if it isn't correct, make adjustments to the x and y numbers on the display on your plotter.

bb

I am also a Stika SX 15 user, who was hooked on DR Stika... What I would suggest is just start to play around with signblazer for a while, I haven't started DR Stika in a while now.....and my signs have definitely stepped up a notch. (I did upgrade to a Graphtec at the same time..)

I'm betting in a month or so you are gonna wonder why you waited to dump the doctor for so long...

BTW....the free version I downloaded didn't have help files within the program, but when you look at your desktop you will find you have a help Icon that DOES work.

Just being able to NODE EDIT was a huge help.

If you have any specific questions ask away....

bb

Thanks

use the pen in place of the knife and draw as big a square as you can draw on paper. measure it and compare your measurement to the drawing in your software. if it isn't correct, make adjustments to the x and y numbers on the display on your plotter.

bb

Thank you, I'll do that!

mm