Sign in to follow this  
Dbannon

corel or flexi?

I'm currently using signblazer and I've heard good things about corel draw and how easy it is to vectorize images. I'm looking at a business set up that offers flexistarter (clipartandfonts.com). Does this program do a good job vectorizing images? I've been getting tired of sending the images out to have them done. I would appreciate some advise on which to go with. Should I buy this system or just buy corel?

Guest manwayvan

If your looking at them from the standpoint of just vectorizing then get inkscape. It's free and for a simple click vectorizing it does great. Alot better than corel and flexi both. Oh ya and it's free..lol But for design and layout then corel draw is great and so is flexi. Also of people use Inkscape, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe indesign, and Flexi but it's all about what your comfortable with and your budget

yup like he said get inkscape from inkscape.org, when i need to vectorize something i usually do it in inkscape and a lot of times may use coreldraw to work with effects and what not on the images

I use Flexi to vector about 95% of the time, Inkscape the other 5%. I have Corel but haven't opened it in over a year.

I'm currently using signblazer and I've heard good things about corel draw and how easy it is to vectorize images. I'm looking at a business set up that offers flexistarter (clipartandfonts.com). Does this program do a good job vectorizing images? I've been getting tired of sending the images out to have them done. I would appreciate some advise on which to go with. Should I buy this system or just buy corel?

Flexistarter does not vectorize,  you need the more expensive version to vectorize

Guest manwayvan

I would love to be able to use flexi to vectorize but I cannot get it to do anything close to inkscape. Mostly I am working with really low res black and white. Mind sharing any tips banner

I would love to be able to use flexi to vectorize but I cannot get it to do anything close to inkscape. Mostly I am working with really low res black and white. Mind sharing any tips banner

well, you need a good res image to begin with,and that is your problem. Inkscape is better for you.

FlexiSign Pro version 8.1 will vectorize 99% of stuff better than inkscape with a heck of lot less points. especially colored items. I have done 7 colors images in flexi that would have been a nightmare in inkscape. John's right that inkscape does work ok when you have a crappy low res image that is single color.

Try that in inkscape.

I tried coreldraw X3 and X4 but i didn't care for them as much, not just as simple as vectorizing, but the fact that everything was so diffe3rent from all the other software I had used.

Kevin