Mr Peabody

World's Smallest V8 Engine...

On the website, there are 2 videos that are YouTube videos. Click on them for an actual demo of the engine.

World's Smallest V8 Engine...

The person who did this is unbelievably skilled. His creation goes beyond what most of us can comprehend when it comes to miniaturization. And he did it all on a Bridgeport milling machine-a feat even the most experienced journeyman operators would find difficult if not impossible!

After viewing all of the pictures, be sure to watch both film clips of it actually running. They are about half way down the page.

http://www.moyermade.com/chevyV8.HTML

Cool.  I sent the link to the local HS auto teacher.  I know he will appreciate it also.

Gary

That is SO neat...I want one now.....but it doesn't need to run....I think I saw a kit somewhere for something similar.

That guy sure has patience, to put that all together and the work involved!

just for a little fyi...

there is a lot more to making a miniature ic engine than just miniaturizing all of the parts.

while its easy to scale down every part in the engine to make a mini one, its pretty hard to scale down the atomized fuel, or the oxygen particles in the air. its not just a matter of making the engine smaller, it literally has to be completely re-engineered. and then to fit it all in an identical casing really is a huge feat.

it really is more amazing than you think it is.  ;D

That is impressive  ;D

A long while ago a guy made a 2200 cc V-8 using two motorcycle jugs/heads etc ( 2 1100 cc Suzuki jugs ) . He was racing midget cars ( small sprint cars ) where they used 4 cylinder engines because of the displacement rule . His engine was quite a bit smaller than the other engines but WAY more power ...they made the engine illegal after 2 or 3 races because he was running away from everybody else . That engine sounded GREAT . I think it would have been cheaper to let that engine continue as the amount of money they put into the 4 cylinders was more than what it would cost to make the hybred engine .

They make RC airplane engines that are 4 strokes . amazing looking at the valve train .

Guest crshirts

Having machining experience, That is beyond amazing!!!

Carl