europeancardriver

Cutting magnetic material

I have a nice little $4 corner rounder from Walmart (Craft Dept..scrapbooking) You can get them almost anywhere that sells craft supplies.

mine is a little green thing. look in the crafts where the fancy edge sissors are. i have used mine for a few years now... good investment right there.lol

Nice! I'll have to stop by Walmart and get one tomorrow. I've been looking for a low cost way to cut mags.

Now this cuts the regular .40" thick mag no problem?

I get them at Walmart..........work Gread for Magnetics.......

as a matter of fact....... John told me about these a while back

Work Great banner......... ;D

I was on a trip and we stopped at a walmart and i seen this one from somebody telling me about it so i bought one. I used it to try to cut a thin piece of cardboard and the scraps got caught in the corner rounder.Then i returned it thinking it was a piece of junk. ill have to try to get another one and try.

I was on a trip and we stopped at a walmart and i seen this one from somebody telling me about it so i bought one. I used it to try to cut a thin piece of cardboard and the scraps got caught in the corner rounder.Then i returned it thinking it was a piece of junk. ill have to try to get another one and try.

Some of my wife's scrapbook punches did that when she got them. The chineses dont deburr their castings. A few minutes with a small fine stick stone removed the burrs inside it and then they worked fine. Flat stones for the flat surfaces and round stones for the rounded parts.

I did a large run of magnetic signs for a pilot car broker a few years ago, and cutting the magnetic was the hardest part of the job. What I eventually did was make a cutting board with a nice smooth piece of plywood and a pair of 3/4 inch aluminum angle screwed to the board to guide the magnetic material. I used a square to make the ends of the angle even before I attached them to the board.  All I have to do is unroll the material , place it between the angles, and Use my large metal ruler butted against the end of both angle  irons to guide my utility knife.  I'd get ya a picture but it is stashed in the shed right now.  I guess you could use it to cut 24 inch coro as well, or anything smaller.

I use the snap off Olfa style knives.. I found someone at a yard sale selling off a bag of about 50 of 'em a few years ago and I'm still using them.....They are cheapo Chinese ones but as soon as they get dull I just snap off to a new cutting edge and all is well. They are also my cheif weeding tool.