Cutrix

WELDING PROBLEMS !!

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I want to create a 3-D text effect with the same color outline as the drop shadow.

This is how I'm doing it in SBE.

I create the text and then I outline it useing the Expand/Outline/Inline option.

Then I select just the outline by right clicking the color pallett and choosing my outline color.

I then choose shadow on the toolbar to create my shadow.

At this point my text looks exactly the way I want it but if I cut it, it will cut the outline and the shadow in 2 seperate pieces which I don't want.

I figured that the correct thing to do would be to select the outline and the shadow together and then do a complete weld on them but when I do that it never comes out right.

Sometimes it erases part of the outline and sometimes it erases part of the shadow. If I keep trying it eventually comes out right-maybe 1 out of 10.

PLEASE HELP _ Am I doing something wrong?

Here is a file of what I'm Kinda trying to make and here is another one of what I get with SignBlazer E.

post-1234-12986513671575_thumb.jpg

post-1234-1298651367285_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12986513687047_thumb.jpg

post-1234-12986513688252_thumb.jpg

Thanks a million T. But the problem I'm having is that when it cuts, it cuts out the outline and the shadow in two seperate pieces. I need to have them cut in one solid black piece.

Here's the file you sent with the pieces seperated.

test.zip

test.zip

I think what is happening is that you create text then create a outline then a shadow ( text one color and outline/shadow the same). So when you go to cut you have 3 colors to cut, thus your problem. If you would create your text then your outline and create your shadow off of the outline when you go to cut there will only be 2 colors to cut.  Maybe I am over thinking this?

What you need to do is:

1) create your outline.

2) Change the color of your outline

3) Create the shadow

4) select the outline and delete it.

This will leave you with just the shadow and the original.

Of course with the Pro version you can do this with one step, plus many more types of shadows. :angry:

Thanks alot Bruce, That did it. SignBlazer really is a great program. I think I was making it more complicated than it actually was. Once again you guys on this forum have came to my rescue.

CUTRIX

Ahhhhhhh, Here we are March 1st, 2014, and wouldn't it be terrific if SignBlazer was a premier cutting app that was going forward to change and improve the original Bonham creation.

Just wistful thinking.

Carry on.   (Apologies for the bump thread)

I still think it's the best program out there for the price.

Bought Elements when Jerry was still alive and had he not passed and had continued to develop his software I'm pretty sure I would of stuck with it but alas he died and the company died with him. When I needed to change computers and couldn't get the license changed I went to Corel and signcut (back then there was no hack to remove the nag screen).