bamafan2277

Taking the plunge into Heat Press world

I have decided to take the plunge and get a heat press. I have a few questions though.

What is the recommended size?

What is a cheap but reliable press?

What else should I get? A.K.A tools etc.

I hear everyone recommends sisser for the vinyl so I will be using that. What kind of iron on transfers do you recommend for a laser printer?

My budget is around $400 right now.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Hands down for a cheap good press is Sunie - if you buy direct from their site you will get a 3 yr warranty.   The 15x15 has done everything I wanted so far but the general answer is as big as you can afford for later.  one consideration is the bigger the more power used also as 1 member found out when their kids were using it to press jeans and clothes!

Guest Hugo Valencia

also remember dont plug in the heat press in the same outlet as all your other electronics since it uses a lot of power.

Just curious if you ever purchased the Sunie...also looking to enter the Heat Press World and am overwhelmed with options. 

I went cheap for now and will be upgrading in a few months. I bought a Illumipress from Ebay. 15x15 for $200 and free shipping. It works real well and only about 7

Guest sciondrgn

I have had the Sunie 15x15 for close to 2 years now and still going strong.. Pressed 100 shirts just last week on it without slowing down.  :D

Guest manwayvan

Well I broke over and bought a Sunie Today. Free Shipping suckered me in...lol Hopefully I can get to pressing some stuff. Anybody recommend a place for cheap transfers?

I get mine from Art Brands. They have fair prices. Your first order has to be $100 though. You can get a lot of decals for $100 especially if you shop in the clearance area.

If you want to order less I may be able to help out. I can order as little as $50 and I have a pricing discount since I've spent so much with them. Hit me up this evening if you see any that you like. www.artbrands.com

Guest manwayvan

Thanks bigfoot..Also on the topic of the contour setup I have been working on. It's not jogging right with signcut and I flexi gives me an error. So i am afraid that contour with pcut will be a no go..

Also with the heat press and vinyl cutter you can do rhinestone motifs..... give me a shout sometime. I design rhinestones transfers that can be cut out of stencil board on the vinyl cutter.....

Guest manwayvan

Thanks everyone..I have been looking through some transfers at Pro World, Art Brand and Wild Side..How the hell you pick which ones to buy..lol I mean their are tons of different designs and I would like to start pumpin out shirts to sell but not sure which ones would be the best. Anybody got a top seller for tshirts?

Look to target them to your market.

For me my main place im selling shirts at right now is at my friends restaurant that has a bar right next door. The ppl that go to the bar are Rednecks, Country Boys, Firefighters, and a few bikers. So that is what I targeted most of my transfers too. The firefighters like the shirts with the large images on the back and I make a maltese cross on the front that says Fire Dept. They sell for $15 each easily.

Guest manwayvan

Thanks bigfoot..I think we have the same market..lol There are a few craft fairs comin up soon so I think I will try to get stock piled on some supplies and hit it up

Check the clearence area at Art Brands. 12 transfers for $6. There is a nice variety there. for the flea markets look for some religous, kids, funny, animal, redneck etc.