Sign in to follow this  
G-Pete

Puzzled about technical drawing trace

The same question I ask in the Corel forum - maybe is there an answer too in the Flexi corner

here we go:

Well, I got my MH871 on Friday and the setup was straight forward and cutting was not that hard.

Now I bounce in an issue, when I scan a line drawing and trace it in CorelDraw X4 - I can modify the outline thickness after I delete the original. BUT, the cutting software (Flexi) don't 'see' the thick outlines and only the wire frame

How do I convert these lines.

I did it here the hard way and draw all lines -- 2.5 hrs work, to much for my taste. Is there another method??

In the picture you see a P-38M that graphic is 23.5 inches long (plus me on the phone - typical monday morning :huh::D)

Thank you very much

DSC02070.JPG

Care to make the answer public so that others can learn?

G-Pete

I like the decal you made!  I have been looking for a head on drawing to trace for a B-52 with details like you have in your P-38- can you point me to where you found the technical drawing of the P-38?  I don't have CorelDraw - will be trying to do it in Inkscape.

I must say you are a highly skilled "newbie"  welcome to the forum

-mike

Mike,

the drawings I found mostly in "walk around books" this drawing is from this book below

http://www.historicaviation.com/product_info.po%3bjsessionid=uHSq0hbCwjBbSUATm7O1Ri0x?ID=6554

Later on I will develop new drawings from actual pictures. That avoids copyright issues.With the problem solved about the outline to object the work goes faster.

Guess most of my vinyl design work will be in the aeronautic area.

G-Pete,

Thanks for the answer - didn't see anything on the B-52,  I found some 3-views on the web, but they are just not detailed enough - Digital photo may be my best bet as well.

-Mike

Convert Strokes to Outlines.  learn to love it.  some days i spend an hour or two fixing art from graphic artists. they just make stuff pretty, but have no idea how to make it cut right. so they'll have miles of strokes and masks on top of masks behind another mask.

Thanks for the site Jay - No luck on the B-52 pic I am seeking there, but nice site -- I bookmarked it.

-mike

nice cut - can take a pic and talk on the cell phone at the same time - i'm impressed LOL