Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

Tragedy in Texas

I know that we have many members in Texas..and we at USC sincerely hope that the shooting spree that happened this afternoon at Fort Hood did not involve any of your family and friends. Our prayers are with the families of the 12 people killed.

For more info on the shooting, tune in CNN or Fox News

saw the news earlier today. crazy stuff . there saying its 2 or 3 soliders with M-16's. I can see one lone nut doing this but 2 or three?? Whats going on in this world??

well, the army is good about training people to kill..not so good at screening out the nut cases. Maybe this will make them take a closer look at recruiting procedures.

I am a disabled Army Vet and I don't think screening will keep the crazies out!  Some people snap after entering ANY form of military.  They find out that they are too dependent of everyone around them and flip out when they are held accountable for their own actions.  Crazies are just a way of the world and unfortunately with times getting harder by the day I think more will surface!

i live on Orlando about 10 mins from the shooting. they had all the major highways blocked off on friday for hours. so thursday texas, friday florida. In our case the nut was upset about being fired 2 1/2 years ago and that guy has been in debt ever since.

Tim, glad to hear all is well with your wifes cousin.

It's just such a shame all the cr@p we deal with on a 'regular basis' and we have to have 'nuts' out there to!!

I live in Texas but not down there. I got word that night that one of my nephews was on bass working on the addon to the hospital. He and his uncle was told to get in there car and wait. He called home to let us know he was ok. My heart goes out to all the families.