Sign in to follow this  
rynecoop

fleet of trucks!

very nice indeed! I sure like to see a giy smiling while he works too. I've ground my teeth down to nothing from just the opposite.

you use splash?  I had nothing but bad luck,,, so I switched to rapid tac..i got about half a bottle left of splash, if ya want it.

Guest Terry

Looks nice, but the black truck looks like it needs some cosmetics itself. I been using Rapid, and also windshield washer fluid.

Just curious how mush did you charge the guy

I charged $1400 for all 7 trucks, I was going to tell him $1800, but then I crossed it out, and wrote in $1400 on the estimate, Because he leases the building from my dad.  He didn't even shop the price, when I did that.  so now I always tell people it would be this much, but I will do it for this, then make up a reason to give them a discount (i.e. First time customer, repeat customer, etc.)  It took me about 3 hours at home to get everything ready, and about 6 hours to install all of them, including driving time, so I had about 9 hours in this job.  The material cost about $50, white oracal cast vinyl, and stuff to install, so that left me with a profit of $1350 or $150 hr.

Ryne,

Think like a buisinessman.... It's good to call the money over cost of materials "profit" - but really - you've got to pay your phone, utilities, gasoline, mortgage (or rent), etc...  Then what's left over is profit...

Great looking job!

Rex S.

Great price margin.. !!! He must not have shopped it at all!! lol, looks great.. People will pay alot more if they dont have to fool with application and all...

ya he didn't shop it at all, but I am not sure anyone around here would have done it cheaper.  the sign shops around here are all really exspensive.  I have my buddy go in and ask them how much for a chevy logo that was 3' x 2' and they quoted him $137.84 just for the decal at fast signs, and the other ones were more exspensive that that.  that is only 6 sq. ft. so material would cost about $3.00, and it would take about 5 min. to make it.  I sell the same decal locally for $60.00 just for the decal, another $30.00 for install, so $90.00 installed which is still cheaper than fast signs for just a decal.