Sign in to follow this  
haumana

so close, yet so far.

So I was a little bummed when I checked the FedEx website the other day and it gave me a delivery date of Nov. 7th...

I was really excited when I checked this morning and it said that it was loaded on to a truck for delivery today - woohoo!!

And then later bummed when I checked the status late this afternoon (after doing my best to put off any and all errands so I could be here when the FedEx guy arrived), only to find that the status changed to, "Delivery Exception". Sounds kind of lame to me. So I called FedEx to see if I could go there and pick it up directly from them. Some guy at the 800-number apologized that the delivery was delayed - apparently the attempted to deliver it to a wrong address  :D. FedEx is sucking at this point. He also told me that since it was shipped "ground" that the "package" is still on the truck (obviously the wrong truck), and is at a totally different location than the one and only FedEx facility we have on the island of O'ahu. To say the least I was super irritated and decided it was not worth the effort of trying to educate the man that there are no "remote" locations (with exception to the outer islands). FedEx is still sucking. And since it was shipped "ground," that I would have to wait until the next business day, but couldn't even tell me if it would be delivered in the morning (since the screwed it up the first time), or in the afternoon (because I have nothing better to do than to sit around and wait for the delivery guy). Still sucking ...

So my hopes of having the cutter here by the end of this week went up in flames and almost dampens the excitement. I wonder what the facility would do if I just showed up and asked for the package??? Hmmmm....

Did I mention that they suck?  :D

In your case the delay may help the package to dry out if it went 'ground'. Maybe when it does arrive you could get some satisfaction telling the driver to get a 'real job' working for a 'real delivery company' like UPS. :D Oh my, then again maybe not.

I would give a reproductive organ to be served poorly on the islands  :D maybe even for just a week!

Guest fivestar

I would give a reproductive organ to be served poorly on the islands  :D maybe even for just a week!

LMAO, I dunno if I would go that far, but yes I'd love to have the opportunity to be served poorly on the islands myself.

Let me know if I need to contact FedEx for you to get this delay resolved.......

So I decided to go to FedEx on Saturday just to try.

After waiting for over a half hour, apparently on Saturdays FedEx Ground doesn't formally operate, but they do have a manager on-site from 8 to 12n. The manager was out picking-up lunch for himself. I'm not sure what point there is to keep office hours if it's not going to be staffed during posted hours (bathroom breaks being exceptional). I provided the tracking number, and he looked, but finally said, "I don't know where your package is. I looked on the two trucks that are already loaded for Monday deliveries, and it's not on the dock. What shape is the box?". Anothr 5 minutes of looking, and I go home with squat. I have no choice, I needed to wait until Monday.

Well the FedEx guy shows up at 6:45am. I wonder is someone left a message for him telling him that the recipient showed up and was really peeved.

I got all the stuff unpacked, and I sort of have the stand setup... sort of. Forgive me for asking, but being a total noob to this, I think I'm better off asking, then breaking it on my own.

How does one properly install the aluminum guides (I'm guessing for narrow media)? not quite sure how to handle the rubber grommets.

And which roller am I supposed to install it on (the fixed or the adjustable)?

Any guidance on the media basket too?

Good thing I haven't loaded the cutter on to the stand yet, the instructions did say that I'm supposed to put the media rollers on before screwing down the bracket the cutter sits on.

pictures would be great. I feel like such a dork.

Well, dork or no-dork, I still have the new toy ... now I just gotta get it goin'!

WooHoo!!!