Cable Tech

Refine MH-721 just ordered!

Just ordered it today! Hopefully it won't be DOA. I won it on Ebay for 270 plus shipping. I also got some Oracal 651 vinyl and some r-tape transfer tape. That should get me started for now. I'm in Illinois. How long would shipping take? Hopefully by the weekend. I will let you all know when It comes and if it all turns out ok. I'm psyched!! 

Congratulations - on the arriving by the weekend it depends on when they get it out - every time I ordered Monday and hoped it would arrive that week I have been disappointed.

Great machine to start with

Its a good Machine anyday.........I have a MH-721 Works out 3 -4 days a week all day for a year now.........its been a real work horse for me......GOOD LUCK with yours.... 

Just got this email today. Does this mean they shipped this today? There isn't a ship date listed, but a 1 next to Shipped?  Also didn't get a tracking number through Ebay. Do they send a tracking number or do you just wait until it shows up?  I feel better when I know it is on a truck headed this way!!

==================================================================

Ordered: 1  Shipped: 1  K-RFCMH721  NEW USCutter 24-25 Vinyl Cutter / Cutting Plotter w/USB  $270.00  Ship Date:

Ordered: 1  Shipped: 1  RFCMH721  USCutter 12", 25", or 50" inch MH-series Vinyl Cutter Software: SignBlazer Elements Full-Functional Trial (Does not expire - Recommended) Models: 25'' With Stand - $80.00  $0.00  Ship Date:

Ordered: 1  Shipped: 1  WSCPRO  Signcut Pro- Go to www.signcutpro.com/bundle.html and enter the registration code shown in the box below. Your activation code will then be emailed to you.  $0.00  Ship Date:

==================================================================

I got the same email today for the one I bought.levi tells me mine was shipped today from Illinois...maybe yours was too.he also told me he would try and get a tracking # tomorrow. Maybe you will too. Here's wishing good luck to the both of us!

fingers_crossed.jpg

Hey John! Your not too far away from me here; well 8 hours away! 

Do they have a warehouse in Illinois? It shouldn't take long if they do. I thought it all shipped from Washington? 

Anyways thanks for the reply and I have a feeling I am going to have a relationship with you all here for a while!! 

If if wasn't for all the support here, I would never have bought one of these cutters.

they have a fullfilment center in Chicago I think...they sometimes ship from there.

Just got an email with a Fed Ex tracking number. Said it is coming from AUBURN, WA.

Doesn't have an estimated delivery date?!?!

I have one and have had it for a while. Very happy until I got hit by lightning. Got a new/used computer and swapped out the hard drives and now the cutter won't work. I ordered a new I/O board (thinking the cutter got hit by lightning in the port) and it came today. I installed it and have the same problem. The software is "graying" out the selection for cutter and port in the setup. I'm thinking it's not working because it's a different computer. Does anyone else have Sign Blazer software and have to reload it for any reason? I think I just bought an I/O board for nothing. I'm ready to cry. I've been working on this for 4 weeks now. We got hit by lightning on 9/23. Can anyone help me or put me in touch with someone who can? I'm really at a loss.

Is there any free software anywhere that I can use to at least see if I can communicate with the cutter?

signcut x 2 demo   did you try a reinstall with Signblazer?  you can download it from any of US cutters EBAY ads

I tried reinstalling it. I have SignBlazer/06 Elements. It still greys out the cutter and port on the setup menu.

do you have another available port?    try it on a larger model of Refine.  the machines are still the same  vinyl width different,  but you can make your workspace whatever..

I've been asked to submit a ticket. I'm confused as to why the cutter and output device are greyed out in the setup menu. I just downloaded and reinstalled the software and it's still greyed out. I've tried the USB port and the COMM port. :)

It is not greyed out.. when you click ok.  that is what it goes to.  Mine does the same thing.  You can also go to the LOAD button at bottom and   different cutters will come up. to change the cutter.. some cutters are real close,  so it will enter the cutter and driver that is the same as that model.    Just like Roland 1000  driver works for alot of cutters.  And even though the comm port looks greyed out,  you can click on it and change to a different comm port    ALSO    your cutter name  MH721 on the screen you posted  has arrows beside it to  change to  different cutters.  

I just don't remember it being grayed out like that. I've tried every cutter and every port. I give up. I don't know if buying a new cutter will resolve this. I sure don't want to quit making decals but I don't know what to do.

I submitted a ticket but there was no place to enter a credit card number so I may have done that wrong, too. I'm thinking I should go ahead and order the mother board for the cutter. That's the only thing I haven't done.

I believe you will have to go to the   www.USCUTTER.com site to purchase  vinyl cutter parts.  Look under  VINYL CUTTER.  VINYL CUTTER PARTS.   Is your cutter under warranty?  If so then you will need to speak with support from US cutter.  

I just don't remember it being grayed out like that. I've tried every cutter and every port. I give up. I don't know if buying a new cutter will resolve this. I sure don't want to quit making decals but I don't know what to do.

have you tried to set you cutter up on a different computer?,,  maybe borrow one..

Actually, I haven't tried that. I have a laptop and will try that this evening. The CD drive doesn't work in it so I'll have to download the software to it.

there is a chance that since you computer was hit by lightening that there is more wrong with it than you think.  Before spending money, I would try other options,  what is it gonna hurt,?  and maybe save money..  You can go to one of the US CUtter EBAY ads and also here on the forum and download the Signblazer software. 

The computer I'm using is not the one that got hit. I bought another one just like it and swapped out the hard drives and graphic and sound cards and it came back to life. EVERYTHING works except the cutter.

I have had the MH-721 since August of 2009. I have had nothing but problem after problem with this thing. It will not finish a cut. I have used Signblazer, Flexi-8, Signcut, and CoCut. I have even Used the USB and the Serial Port. Still Nothing.

I have even went through the process of having the motherboard replaced and still does not work. Still have not got my refund for that item yet. Yes just so everyone knows if they have to send you a part you pay for it in full then they give you a refund, so they say. I was trying to make a simple cut today and the first time it would not cut at all. The second time the set up light just blinked really fast. The third time it cut about 10 inches the reset light, Offline light, and setup light came on and nothing. I have wasted over 40 feet of material today alone.

It would be my best suggestion that you do not waste your time or money with US Cutter. Save your money buy a Roland or something else from another company, not US Cutter..

I have had the MH-721 since August of 2009. I have had nothing but problem after problem with this thing. It will not finish a cut. I have used Signblazer, Flexi-8, Signcut, and CoCut. I have even Used the USB and the Serial Port. Still Nothing.

I have even went through the process of having the motherboard replaced and still does not work. Still have not got my refund for that item yet. Yes just so everyone knows if they have to send you a part you pay for it in full then they give you a refund, so they say. I was trying to make a simple cut today and the first time it would not cut at all. The second time the set up light just blinked really fast. The third time it cut about 10 inches the reset light, Offline light, and setup light came on and nothing. I have wasted over 40 feet of material today alone.

It would be my best suggestion that you do not waste your time or money with US Cutter. Save your money buy a Roland or something else from another company, not US Cutter..

Ok here is the update from Levi. (10/30/2009 @ 7:55pm est) They want me to pay for shipping of the whole unit back to them and be with out my cutter for over a week for them to try an repair the unit. I have already spent $40 on next day air charges to get the first mother board. Then I had to spend $10 on shipping to get the old one back to them. Plus the $80 deposit I have not go back yet. Cutter still does not work after 3 months and $100's of material wasted, pissed of customers watching me flip out will the cutter not working. A complete and total waste of time, money, and patients.

They say one year warranty, but trust me that will suck you dry in the process. With the combination of the lost jobs, wasted material, lost customers, shipping charges, time wasted. I have could have bought a Roland or other cutter and not had the issues. You get what you pay for, never again will I buy a no named brand item, lesson learned the hard way and expensive way.

I have read where many of you have had good luck with these cutter and I am glad you have not had to go through what I have been in the past three months. I really think US CUTTER should suck it up and send me a new cutter, not a repaired one. I did not pay for a repaired cutter, I paid for a NEW one. I am sue this post will get deleted but hopefully someone will see it and not have to go though what I have been though.