gr203

Help, again!

Hey so thanks to cutting edge, for helping me out last time, but the up and down lines are cutting jagged, thanks to speedoggy, and tek for helping me figure that out.

Is there anyone who can touch it up so the up and down lines are smooth again? Everything running cross-wise is just fine.

My goal with the image is to be able to have the top font JUST an outline, and the bottom font solid.  But I'm a illustrator noob and can't seem to manage that, the black background is screwing me up.

Any help is great thanks!

Original image is first, to use if need to work with

and the second image, is the one that's great besides the up and down lines being jagged.

post-6190-129865461881_thumb.jpg

perfect shade window tinting.eps

post-6190-12986546207455_thumb.jpg

perfect shade window tinting.eps

I'm not really sure what you mean.  Is every vertical line on there jagged to you?  I've opened it, reopened it, and zoomed in on a lot of it and nothing is jagged.  It was all created by outlining text, not vectorizing it.  What version of illustrator are you using?  What program are you cutting from?  I've checked on 2 different computers with 2 different versions of illustrator (CS2 AND CS3) and both come in great and would cut without jagged lines. 

Also, isn't this what you were needing with the top as outlines and the bottom as solid text, or did I read that wrong?

I've saved it again, as a newer version eps and attached it here.  This time I reversed it and made the background black.  That shouldn't matter at all, but I did it anyways.  Can you upload a pic of the jagged cuts?  I'll do my best to help you out.  If its not too much trouble, tell me the exact steps you use from start to finish in opening that file and cutting it.   

perfect shade window tinting 02.eps

perfect shade window tinting 02.eps

Guest fivestar

Have you tried cutting something else to see if it's jagged, becuase this file looks great to me.

I'm not really sure what you mean.  Is every vertical line on there jagged to you?  I've opened it, reopened it, and zoomed in on a lot of it and nothing is jagged.  It was all created by outlining text, not vectorizing it.  What version of illustrator are you using?  What program are you cutting from?  I've checked on 2 different computers with 2 different versions of illustrator (CS2 AND CS3) and both come in great and would cut without jagged lines.  

Also, isn't this what you were needing with the top as outlines and the bottom as solid text, or did I read that wrong?

I've saved it again, as a newer version eps and attached it here.  This time I reversed it and made the background black.  That shouldn't matter at all, but I did it anyways.  Can you upload a pic of the jagged cuts?  I'll do my best to help you out.  If its not too much trouble, tell me the exact steps you use from start to finish in opening that file and cutting it.    

When he was cutting the original file,  the lines are all jagged..  He posted the file and I brought it up in my Flexi program and put on wireframe and zoomed it,  the pictures are posted in this thread that I took

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,22984.msg182067.html#msg182067

I just imported your 02 version,  into my Flexi and it is the same with the jagged lines  It looks just like the first version that I made pictures of.

I started from scratch and recreated it again.  The files are too large to post here so the links to both are below.  The eps and the original illustrator file (after i've created outlines).  Let me know how that goes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmy2i3jnamx/perfect shade 2nd attempt.eps

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmzzzmleyio/perfect shade 2nd attempt.ai

Thanks so much both of you for helping.

I opened and cut both of the new ones you made, both were still jagged only on the upwards lines.

(I know it's not my cutter, nothing else does this)

So I have no clue how this has happened, maybe its something with that font?

I even tried taking a screen shot of it, then vectorizing it in inkscape, then cutting it. And while the jagged lines were minimized they were still slightly noticeable, which I'm afraid will be very noticeable on the large scale i need to cut it at.

Think I'm going to tell the customer no-can-do on this font, he's very resonable so I'm sure he'll understand.

Thanks alot for all your help, if you have any last ditch efforts, wouldn't mind hearing them!

I posted this in your "Help" post but thought I'd post it here for those who are interested. 

Is it coming up jagged in Illustrator or in the sign cutting program?  I understand that it may be my fault in something that I'm doing, I'd just like to know so I won't do it again.  I downloaded the file on a different computer and used it to cut out the file.  I don't have any wavey lines.  I used Illustrator CS2 and cut in SignCut.  I cut out the top portion of the image on a scrap piece of vinyl.  It's about 16" wide and I'm still not getting any wavey lines.  I've attached the images below.  I took them with my phone.  I know they're not the greatest, but they at least show what I'm talking about.  If anybody has any insight on this, please let me know.

post-3520-12986546238026_thumb.jpg

post-3520-12986546238464_thumb.jpg

post-3520-12986546253028_thumb.jpg

post-3520-12986546253374_thumb.jpg

Gr203 was using Signblazer.  and I was importing them into Flexi.    I did not import  into Illustrator.. I just imported them into my cutting software and took pictures.. 

this is your 2nd attempt that I downloaded from Mediafire,  and yes they are there,   I have Illustrator CS2  it looks like little saw teeth,, Sorry,  I don't have a great camera,  you can see it best on the 2nd photo

post-3093-12986546238931_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546239539_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546253707_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546253991_thumb.jpg

This is really aggravating. Thanks for trying it again Speedoggy.  I just don't understand how I downloaded it from a different computer, opened it in Illy, and cut it without a problem. I'd like to figure this problem or else there's no point in me trying to help anymore if it's going to waste thier time and mine.

I pulled up the Warning sign,  that looks fine :thumbsup:

UPDATE:   After looking closer,   the angled letters  have the little saw teeth  like the inside of the W  M  THE OVAL  EDGES  anything straight up and down like the L is perfect

post-3093-12986546240296_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546240725_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546254285_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546254571_thumb.jpg

Isn't that normal on any line that's not straight across or up and down. If you zoom in on a diagnal line enough, you're going to get the "saw teeth" (from the pixels it takes to create the image on the screen. They are little squares, so to create the diagnal line, the pixel boxes are stacked diagnaly). I too notice saw teeth, but only when I'm zoomed way in. That shouldn't be a problem since it should cut from one point to the next, not pixel to pixel. Thanks Speedoggy for taking the time to look at that and letting me know what you found.  Did anyone else try cutting part of this to see what happened?  I know it works from Illy to SignCut to the cutter without wavy lines. 

maybe a little, but not like that.  I zoom stuff all the time, to edit,  and I have never seen those in my designs like that.  and GR  was getting the wavy lines,  where it was showing the saw teeth in my software.  So they must be there. He was cutting them ,,  I haven't tried to cut any of them,  and he said he has never noticed those lines on anything else he has cut..  Not a problem.  Good night.

Ok, so I must have been thinking about photoshop more when I was talking about the pixels.  I was laying in bed typing that at 1:30 in the morning.  I thought I'd zoom in in illistrator and check and see what it looked like.  Here it is.  Maybe its the way I'm saving it/ uploading it?  I guess I need to figure this out.  Thanks again for the help!

post-3520-12986546241372_thumb.jpg

post-3520-12986546254862_thumb.jpg