Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

purchasing vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

were is a good place to purchase a 24"x50yrd roll of gloss white vinyl, i tried ebay but the vinyle i bought was really daul it looked like paper,im trying to find a decent roll of vinyl,thanks

there are many places to buy good quality vinyl. Fellers, Beacon, Wensco, sign wharehouse,  and many others check em out. there is too much uncertainty buying vinyl on ebay for my tastes.  daniel t.

Guest sciondrgn

I get mine from Sign Warehouse, so far they have been great on price and shipping.

Sign Warehouse is a very frendly place to shop for vinyl.  Their number is:  1-800-699-5512, ext 2048 for Tara Metts.  She is very nice...ask for free catalog.  Tell her Gray Fox sent ya.    :huh:

A lot of people on here just hate Sign Warehouse. I haven't dealt with them,as I have a sign supply place locally. I did get a very nice catalog yesterday from Ordway Sign supply and their prices seem to be decent. I have had problems with slow shipping with them but most people brag about fast shipping from them.

My advice is to see if you have a local supllier. Their prices might be a bit higher but you won't have to pay postage. Or at least find someone close. UPS and FEDEX base their shipping charges on distance.

TRIM USA there great and offer lots of products been dealing withthem for years  www.trimusa.com

thanks for the advice guys! what would you guys say the average price for a 24"x 50yrd roll of gloss white just the basic vinyl for decals would run? not the high quality vinyl just the basic stuff?

do i have to have a business license to buy from these companies, cause i dont have a business license,is there a supplier that will sell me?thanks

Soon USCutter will be the best place to buy your materials as well......maybe a month or two.

:D

Trim doesn't require it, unless you claim tax exempt, right now i think i pay 86 bucks for a 24X50 intermediate.  There is cheaper but this stuff weeds and lasts.

Guest garysigndesign

I live in Clearwater, Florida and also have local suppliers but first you need to know that there are two types of vinyl intermediate  or calendered vinyl which is generally thicker, approximately 4mils thick, and has a satin finish or dull finish. This vinyl has its advantages first because of its thickness its great for sandblasting fine detailed graphics on glass. For me that is what I used to cut all of my graphics on the two hand blown glass pieces that got into the Corning Glass Review in 2001 and 2006.  The two companies I have trusted for the past 20 some years is 3M and Arlon the high performance which is  your high gloss vinyls are and are approximately 2mil. In order to get a hands on idea of all of the variations in between you need to contact a local representative of whatever your vinyl supplier carries and request sample charts of the cast , translucent, metallics, opaque, and many other variations in between. Also with the various types of vinyl some need special angled knives in order to cut them smoothly. Again find your closest representative and hammer him or her for every bit of information they know. Knowing the difference between vinyls can make the difference between a customer returning for another job by the same point you can loose a customer if you use the wrong vinyl for the wrong application. Some vinyls are made to last a year and around that time the vinyl will begin to crack and peel then there are vinyls that will last and are guaranteed to resist cracking and peeling for up to seven years and you will find that the difference in cost is about $10.00 -$12.00 dollars a 50 yard roll. Something to always think about when making a name for your self in the sign business. Research your products going into your signs and determine where the signs are going to be located etc... garysigndesign out...