gr203

not cutting straight one way

Hey guys, quick question. I'm trying to cut this image. I did a small one as a test try like 5 inches just to see, and my lines that run against the cutter, so up and down not side to side, are all coming out slightly zigzag but the lines straight across are straight.

I cut another thing I've cut before, and didn't have this problem, only with this. Any clues?

The final cut is going to be like 40 inches, so I'm trying to figure this out before I try that one for sure!

Also thank you to the person who helped me get this image ready! (Forgot your name sorry!!)

perfect shade window tinting.eps

perfect shade window tinting.eps

First, you need to put up more info,  what cutting software?  what cutter?,  Operating system  USB  Serial.  Put your main info in your profile signiture and then it will be posted at all times, and you won't have to list it when you have a problem.

First, you need to put up more info,  what cutting software?  what cutter?,  Operating system  USB  Serial.  Put your main info in your profile signiture and then it will be posted at all times, and you won't have to list it when you have a problem.

Good idea, didn't think of that.

I'm on a mac OSx 10.5.5, sign cut (version? the newest?).

Cutter is us cutter MH-series 721 25''  usb to usb

I haven't had this problem on anything, including anything I cut after that graphic, just with this one.

Maybe it has to do with, The top I'm doing an outline only, and the bottom solid letters, the person (thanks again!) who fixed the graphic left it with a white background in the top letters, so when I open it in sign cut, it shows that white there, but I just cut it like that, maybe I need to get rid of the white background so in sign cut it shows up as the outline only without the two color choice?

Also here is a picture of the test cut. Up and down lines zigzagged, and across lines are just fine

post-6190-129865461708_thumb.jpg

post-6190-12986546197317_thumb.jpg

that's crazy, seems another member is having a jagged problem a few posts up. Must be common with USC machines.

First, you need to put up more info,  what cutting software?  what cutter?,  Operating system  USB  Serial.  Put your main info in your profile signiture and then it will be posted at all times, and you won't have to list it when you have a problem.

Good idea, didn't think of that.

I'm on a mac OSx 10.5.5, sign cut (version? the newest?).

Cutter is us cutter MH-series 721 25''   usb to usb

I haven't had this problem on anything, including anything I cut after that graphic, just with this one.

Maybe it has to do with, The top I'm doing an outline only, and the bottom solid letters, the person (thanks again!) who fixed the graphic left it with a white background in the top letters, so when I open it in sign cut, it shows that white there, but I just cut it like that, maybe I need to get rid of the white background so in sign cut it shows up as the outline only without the two color choice?

Also here is a picture of the test cut. Up and down lines zigzagged, and across lines are just fine

can you post the file in an .eps so we can look at it

never mind I got it,,   it is not your cutter,   the design is that way  ,,  it is made that way,   zoom your design up and put it on wireframe,,    you can see it very clear.  

post-3093-12986546172583_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546172958_thumb.jpg

post-3093-1298654617334_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546198725_thumb.jpg

post-3093-12986546198988_thumb.jpg

post-3093-1298654619925_thumb.jpg

RIGHT! Here is what I find strange. Looks similar to another member's issue. But look close... the angles are jagged and the vertical and horizontal lines are clean and very smooth.

I'd like to know what software was used to create that.  :thumbsup:

He did. Top entry. Looks clean to me.

*She actually haha, but thats okay.

Cutting Edge Advertising, that user converted the image for me, I was just having trouble cause the previous logo had a black background and a navy blue outline, with white inside.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,22964.0.html that was the original topic.

So something with the graphic is messed up then huh? Glad its not my cutter haha.

I even did zoom in real well, and looked good to me before, but now its good to know. I'll have to see if I can find that font to re-do the entire thing or something.

Thanks guys!

Speedoggy, please go over to Mader's topic and look at the Rockstar logo they are testing and see if you see the same thing. 

Man how does a *graphic* do that? I wouldn't even know how to make those wavy lines in Photoshop. Odd. Does this happen when creating graphics inside SBE or something? Which software was used to make this trouble-graphic?

from  the thread up above,  the design was made this way:

Yes, I used What The Font.  I dropped the photo into photoshop, seperated the text Perfect Shade (which is Hemi Head 426) and Window Tinting (which is Sprint Regular), uploaded them to What The Font and it gave me those results.  I just recreated it with Illustrator after that.

I'm sorry, it was the most recent in that post. I copied and pasted it here as well.

I started from scratch and recreated it again.  The files are too large to post here so the links to both are below.  The eps and the original illustrator file (after i've created outlines).  Let me know how that goes.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmy2i3jnamx/perfect shade 2nd attempt.eps

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmzzzmleyio/perfect shade 2nd attempt.ai

Is it coming up jagged in Illustrator or in the sign cutting program?  I understand that it may be my fault in something that I'm doing, I'd just like to know so I won't do it again.  I downloaded the file on a different computer and used it to cut out the file.  I don't have any wavey lines.  I used Illustrator CS2 and cut in SignCut.  I cut out the top portion of the image on a scrap piece of vinyl.  It's about 16" wide and I'm still not getting any wavey lines.  I've attached the images below.  I took them with my phone.  I know they're not the greatest, but they at least show what I'm talking about.  If anybody has any insight on this, please let me know. 

post-3520-12986546237072_thumb.jpg

post-3520-12986546237562_thumb.jpg

post-3520-1298654625234_thumb.jpg

post-3520-12986546252693_thumb.jpg

It always looks fine for me (speedoggy figure out how to see the wavey lines though) and only turns out jagged when I cut. Maybe something in the process of when I download the image or something, because your cuts of it look great!

I guess that could be the case. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I wish I had the solution for it so it doesn't happen again in the future.  I guess there are too many variables to figure it out though.  I'm so confused  ;D

Help!  My letters are sometimes wavy and sometimes they are perfect, I wonder if the vectorized fonts aren't really straight and true anyone experiencing the same?  Second item that I really need help with.  I am trying to cut a decal for a friend who flys RC planes.  He wants me to cut the Lighting Bolts on the sides of a J3 Piper Cub.  I drew them and started to cut them, one cut perfectly but the other stopped have way and the plotter message was move X/Y. I have no clue.  Attached is a photo of the project.  I drew the first then duplicated it, then mirrored the drawing so that the bolt on the opposite side of the plane look as the right side.  Why, it does not cut the second I am at a lose.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks using SB.

post-4722-12986546600811_thumb.jpg

post-4722-12986546621996_thumb.jpg