Sign in to follow this  
decalhero

What vinyl to wrap the roof of a vehicle.

Hi everyone,

I make alot of stickers for local car enthusiasts, Lately alot of guys have been asking me to wrap their roof in black. I'm pretty decent with wrapping headlights and taillights but i've never tackled a roof before. So I tried it on my car with oracle 651 black. It didn't turn out very well so I tried it a few times over and each time it came out looking terrible.

My question is I want to know what vinyl is made specifically to be wrapped onto a vehicle without bubbling up and creasing like crazy. Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Holy smokes that was fast. Have you done anything like this before? If so which worked the best for you and why?

I believe there's a 3M material made specifically for your purpose.

I'm sure you've seen the flat black Mercedes, Escalades, etc... Well from what I've heard those vehicles are wrapped in a flat/matte black vinyl and not painted (If they are painted its a matte finish on top of the black wrap)

I wish I knew what it was called, sorry I can't help anymore than that but I do agree trying to cover a roof with a general vinyl like that would be horrific for me to try and apply  :thumbsup:

you can try here for just starters,   go to a search engine like www.dogpile.com       and enter   vehicle wrap vinyl..   

https://www.earlmichcatalog.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18612&cat=1002&page=1

http://www.beacongraphics.com/inkjet/ij-vinyl-solvent-cast.html?gclid=CJLojJe9mJ0CFSBN5Qodn3lx1w

I stated what I wrote in  www.dogpile.com  here.      vehicle wrap vinyl