Sign in to follow this  
mailman

location of cutter

I recieved my cutter a few days ago, I have a work shop in the basement, also a laundry , is the machine to sensitive to be placed in an area with some moister from dryer, also dust from woodworking projects. Is it best to place in the upstairs in drier conditions? Also I have a newer computer upstairs ,but will have to use USB port, is this as reliable as serial  or parallel port. Thanks, Mark

Mine are in a basement..concrete floor, hot in summer,cold in winter. Dusty,since part of the basement is unfinished dirt..get a bit of water when  it rains a lot..

never a problem in 3 years.

I have been using usb port since beginning . Have successfully used on laptop and desktop ( both with usb connections) no problems . I have laserpoint 24 and love it. I have xp on my desktop and Vista on my laptop either way its been seamless with sign blazer elements as the cutting program. As far as environment I would recommend keeping it out of humid conditions but these cutters seem pretty tough and may be just fine in the basement.

Good Luck

i keep mine inside! it was fairly expensive and i would hate something to happen to it, the vinyl on the other hand is in the garage. its rained for about 2 weeks now, and it started curling my rolls about 1" in. thinking about bringing them in....