Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

Trouble with my new US-871

Well, I got my new cutter and used the settings from another person using the same cutter. Well i cut the Rockstar "star with RR" in the middle. My cutter cut small wobbles in some of the straight lines. I tried cutting another and it done the same thing. So i chose an Arial Font and tried to cut a few letter with the same small wobbles and not straight lines. What could be my problems? My settings are Speed 16 and force 80.

Still have tried different settings, it's only the lines that are being cut vertically at an angle so it your looking at the front of the cutting it's the lines are that this way " / " vertical lines are cut perfect and so are lines that are cut " " Any help guys?

have you checked to make sure that the carriage is on track? Sometimes the pop off during transit.

also make sure your blade is not out too far,  just barely see it,  1/2 credit card thickness.  back off on the pressure. Make sure you have the blade in the rear blade holder,  front is for pen , worth a try.

My blade is just barely sticking out, i had it too far in and just barely moved it and it cuts great. and doesn't cut all the way through. how much pressure should i be using? i have the blade in the rear holder as well. and i've made sure the white rollers are in the V groove. Still cutting the same. It's only with lines that go / all other lines cut flawlessly.

Just tried the pen tool, and same thing, tried different speed, different pressure. Did I get a bad cutter or something? I have the 2 white wheels directly in the V track so that isn't it.

There appears to be a groove that the rollers sit in, is this not where it should be? I'm confused when you say :)?? about that. I'm talking about the carriage that moves side to side, it has white rollers, mine are down in the front groove that is shapped like a v across the cutter.

please see if you can take a pic and post it. I don't think the rollers sit in a groove, rather the grooves run along a track.

first pic didnt show up...NEVERMIND...just kidding...Im not sure man i never ha that happen to me before. You said its not the image right?

looking at it again, maybe too much pressure...back the pressure all the way down til its barely touching the vinyl then keep going down til it daws the lines...looks like its trying to keep up but "scooting" across the vinyl cause the pressure is way to high..

Just a guess

Thats not vinyl, that is a pen on cardstock paper, i'm tired of wasting vinyl. I just tried 20, 40, 60 and 80g and it's all the same results.

please see if you can take a pic and post it. I don't think the rollers sit in a groove, rather the grooves run along a track.

ignore that I was thinking of my other cutter.

I suggest you call USC support first thing in the morning.

http://support.uscutter.com or to call in 1-888-298-8143 (use option 2 for support)

I contacted USCutter support and got an email telling me to put the carriage back on track, which was the first thing i checked with i opened the package. Anyone ever have to send a cutter back because of something being broke?

Nope, still doing the same thing. This is beginning to frustrate me. So many settings, and still the same result.

are you still using the pen or cutting vinyl?