haumana

favorite promo items?

I'm thinking about doing a couple of promo items and wanted to do a quick survey as to what your favorite promo items that you've received - personally and professionally ... so trial prescriptions don't count  :-X It can't be a ridiculously expensive thing, because 95% of the time I'm a "one-woman" show, and only bring in outside contractor if there is a heavy labor load, or if it's out of my job skills.

pens, pencils, magnets, post-it, rulers, letter opener, coffee cup, etc.

I ask because I would like to get something that my clients will appreciate, and something that I won't see at my local Salvation Army thrift store ... because there are lots of promo stuff there.

Thanks to all who read and post!

I think a lot of it depends on who you will be handing them out to. Don't go to a craft fair and hand out sleeves of golf balls (one of my favorite promo items) Hand out the small cutters with magnets that go on the refridgerator or in my case a PCut 630. If you are talking to someone in the automotive industry give Tire Pressure Guages instead of pens or water bottles. Some of the promo stuff you see at goodwill maybe would have wound up there if it had been given to the right person.

i have given ink pens on many occasions. the customers love them. i have also given the small stick on calendars, mugs, and frig magnets. some t shirts, which is also a favorite. but the pens and calendars they always ask for.  good luck.

If you go the route of pens, consider a better quality of pen, unless you intend to spread them all over town by the bizillions.

Junk pens often don't make it beyond my trash can. 

thanks for the input!

I would love to be able to give specialized gifts, but my clients range from Theatres to Hospital Research department to Engineering firms.

The last promo items I did were LED flash lights and a letter opener/keyboard brush/screen cleaner combo. Like I said, my worst fear is that whatever I give out ends up being on the shelves of the Salvation Army stores.

what about box cutters? too generic? too cheap?

My fav is the small flip pad of paper/pen to take notes. I keep it in my purse and jot things down as needed.

Here's what I got today.

Sleeve of Titleist Golf Balls

Wine Opener

Pen/Stylus for touch screen with Laser pointer

post-1657-12986543363949_thumb.jpg

Here's what I got today.

Wine Opener

Thanks for sharing jay! I suspect that their "promo" budget is a lot bigger than mine.  :-X

Here's what I got today.

Wine Opener

Thanks for sharing jay! I suspect that their "promo" budget is a lot bigger than mine.  :thumbsup:

I would agree. They are a large aerospace material supplier. I didn't show the hat and golf towel that I got too. Their logo is woven into the towel.

Haumana, I like to give these calendars, as I've always seen them used and they don't take up much room PLUS your business card is always handy for when a customer needs an order placed!  :thumbsup:

http://www.dgiline.com/

I like mini wall calenders.  I put them in outgoing orders starting at the end of October - I do try to keep a list so I don't give the same customer 5 calenders by the end of the year.  And....keep a stack on the counter for walk-in customers.  Shortly after the first of the year they are all gone and I don't have to deal with it any more.  I've been getting them from National Pen (very reasonable price).