Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

How do I use X4 & cutting master

I just bought Corel X4 and have a GraphTec with the Cutting Master.  When I go to the rocket at the top of the page all I see is sign cut (which I don't have) and not cutting master?

Any ideas?  What am I doing wrong

I found this on the forum,  I do not know anything about Corelx4  was just searching around, Maybe some of this info  will help you, 

I  found this on the forum that says your Graphtec has to be on  GP-GL  this info is in the Corel  thread,  I just entered the whole passage from the thread,,  they are referring to registration marks and how to run using corelx4 and graphtec.

I then opened the "CE5000 Cutting Plotter Controller" selected "Use Controller Settings" and under "Registration Marks - Distance" put in the dimensions (size) of the registration marks - Went to the "settings" put in the correct length and select "2 Point" instead of 4 point. Also made sure I had the correct type mark selected. Selected the "Advanced" button on the right, selected the "Command" button and changed it from HG-PL to GP-GL. (Note the GP-GL, in my case, is for Corel only. In Flexi it has to be set to Hp-GL) I could be wrong but that how it works for me.

So between the 3 dialog boxes, Corel (Cut/Plot), Cutting Master 2 and the Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controller - I have some what figured it out. I hope I didn't miss a step in the above, I think I got it all. I'm going to try it again with another graphic and see what happens.

Now here's my question - Isn't there an easier way?!   Anyone have any ideas, thoughts or suggestions? The wife has started to ask me why my forehead seems to be getting flatter. It's from banging it on the desk.

If you're having the same problem as me I hope this helps, would love to hear of any other solutions out there that might make it easier.

Thanks

Using Corel X3 and Cutting Master 2, I am able to launch either registration mark placement or cutting from the 'ROCKET'. I suppose it's possible this feature is no longer available on the newer version(s) you have, however I'd be inclined to think it's more of a driver issue if you are not able to use this simple approach.

I was reading thru my Cutting Master2 instructions and it says

BEFORE you install the Cutting Master program

1.  Install your design program  Yours being Corel

2. Install any addtional drivers that are necessary for your cutters, such as USB

3 Set your cutter to operate in GPGL mode

I had read through all of those and I am still lost.  Have read and read and cant really figure it out.  Wish they make this stuff a little easier for us stupid people.  LOL

If I had sign cut Id have it made it shows up when I click on that rocket but not cutting master?

Thanks anyway

maybe it's time to reinstall,  uninstall your Corel and your Cutting Master,  Then first,  install your Corel , THEN your Cutting Master,, maybe it didn't find the Corel x4  plug in the first time around.  Or it would show up,  I use Illustrator and mine shows up under file,  It also shows Signcut, which I don't use.   I was watching this video and it shows it should be at the rocket..  It shows Corel Draw...  then Registration marks and cut/plot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwsgRTc1YQk&NR=1

thanks a lot of the help looks like I will have to do that

well of course after deleting it and re installing it, it still does not work?  I think all the drivers etc. are installed and I still see sign cut but no cutting master...

Ahhh.... I wonder if you removed SignCut from this computer, if this problem would continue to occur. I have had issues in the past running multiple cutting programs on one of my Dells.

Ahhh.... I wonder if you removed SignCut from this computer, if this problem would continue to occur. I have had issues in the past running multiple cutting programs on one of my Dells.

He takes in his first post,  he doesn't even have SignCut,   

He takes in his first post,  he doesn't even have SignCut,

I see that, however I suspect he had to have loaded something related to SignCut at some time for Corel to mistakenly recognize it's presence, if that's what he is truely seeing. If that's true...I suspect there could be files related to SignCut still present. How else would Corel believe he has SignCut, unless it's not SignCut he's seeing when launching?

At one time I did try out sign cut but I deleted it a while ago?  Maybe some directories stayed and is messing it up? And now from all the screwing around with everything the cutter isn't even cutting right in Sign Blazer anymore.  It is almost like its staying the the corners of the letters and lagging there?  Just what I need LOL.....

Mr300s, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your gonna have troubles trying to run cutting master with your $69.00 copy of X-4. They can say it's a full version all they want to, but it's just a copy of edu/OEM, and it doesn't have all the nessesary components in it to run the cuttingmaster. I saw your previous post the other day about getting the x-4, you seemed thrilled about it, so I didn't want to piss on your parade. If you want to use CorelDraw and CuttingMaster, you're going to have to get a "Full Boxed RETAIL" version of X-3 or 4. Sorry, but been there. 

Thanks for the info ,  I have emailed the guy I bought it from.  If that was the case how come sign cutter shows up though.  I wouldn't think anything would show up then?

Guest fivestar

I would contact Graphtec first then contact Corel.

Mr300s, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your gonna have troubles trying to run cutting master with your $69.00 copy of X-4. They can say it's a full version all they want to, but it's just a copy of edu/OEM, and it doesn't have all the nessesary components in it to run the cuttingmaster. I saw your previous post the other day about getting the x-4, you seemed thrilled about it, so I didn't want to piss on your parade. If you want to use CorelDraw and CuttingMaster, you're going to have to get a "Full Boxed RETAIL" version of X-3 or 4. Sorry, but been there. 

I missed the post where it was determined what version of Corel he has. If that is based soley on what he paid, I cut from my $90 (2 years ago) version of X3 in Cutting Master 2 and as he asked above; why would the rocket show a launch for the cutting software if it's not a feature?

Again with my Dells, to avoid issues with SignBlazer, SignCut, or Cutting Master 2, I found it necessary to remove all components of all other cutting programs from the computer to avoid glitches.

I am holding off until I find out whats going on.  I down loaded a trial of sign cut and that seems to work fine, so I don't see why cutting master wouldn't.

I have other issues right now driving me crazy.   I put the machine back to factory reset and it is still acting up ever since I started fooling with all these programs.  What it is doing is when it goes to cut text or anything else it starts cutting and then seems like it is either lagging or I am not sure what but it just keep almost staying in one spot on the curves and just is acting strange going crazy almost like just keeps lifting and cutting in that one spot?  Its hard to explain.  Not sure if its a driver issue or what now.  I should have left well enough alone and just stayed with SB since it was working LOL....

I was just trying to cut something else and was watching it.  To me it looks like it keeps going over and over the cut when it goes to the center of the letter like the inside of the O it just keeps going around and around, and there are no layers on top of one another?

Here is the reply from the guy I bought the coral drive from, I told him to hold off and let me do some further checking.

Hi Bill,

As far as I know, the academic version of GX4 only content 1,000 high-quality clipart images, and this full version has 10,000 high-quality clipart images. But it's ok, if you say so, I just want my customer satisfy their product.

Please return the original package to the address below:

Ship to:

ds-supply

324 S. DIAMOND BAR BL #291

DIAMOND BAR, CA 91765

RMA#0824GX4RD

I will issue a full refund after I received your return package.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

ds-supply

David

Guest fivestar

Go to Corel and download a 30 day working trial and see if Cutting Master 2 works with it.  I'd unistall the version you have on there right now first though.

Please let me clarify myself on the statement I made about 300's 69.00  program. The ones I have seen for 69-89 bucks, are either EDU, or OEM versions ( I bought one too). While they may be "FULL" versions, they're just not filled to the top. There are some VBA's, and run time tools that are only in the "RETAIL" boxed set from Corel, which some functions of CuttingMaster has to have to operate properly. And for some reason, one can not add these components to the other versions.

And might I add, anyone selling EDU, or OEM versions are basically selling bootleg software. According to Corels licensing, the EDU version can only be sold to teachers/administrators, and students. The OEM, is to be sold only with a new computer. That is for anyone who might give a rats ass about their licensing.

But I do agree, he should be able to cut something with his version of Corel, and the cuttingmaster or the signcut, which he said was working now with the trial.

Mr300, did you change the protocol or whatever it's called, on the machine over to GPGL when you were trying to use the cuttingmaster? It has to be set there using CM. All the other cutting programs will run on the HGPL.

Mr300, did you change the protocol or whatever it's called, on the machine over to GPGL when you were trying to use the cuttingmaster? It has to be set there using CM. All the other cutting programs will run on the HGPL.

Thanks for the update only good thing is the guy is willing to take it back if it won't work.  I am not convinced it's not user error yet though?

No I don't think I did that, but I am so gun shy right now I am afraid to re install everything as I did a system restore to my computer and that seemed to get everything working.

I appreciate all the help and information from everyone though.

Did you go back into your program files in search of any SignCut driver files that may have still been lingering?

Perhaps you have another suitable computer available that has not been 'corrupted' with any other cutting software that would enable you to attempt the Corel X4 / CuttingMaster II liason?

I had the same problem when I first received my Graphtec.  It took me hours to find the solution.  My problem was solved by downloading the latest version of Cutting Master from Graphtec.  Corel doesn't work properly, for me, with the version included on the CD received with the cutter.

The working version of Cutting Master for me is 21.60.  Installation was simple and Corel cuts to it fine.  I found that I need the Cutting Master window open to cut to the Graphtec.  You may want to give it a try.

Jim...

Thanks,  the guy was willing to take corel back so I have sent it back.  Too much hassle and with all I did I messed everything else up,  I couldn't even get the cutter to cut.  So I ran a system restore and it appeared to fix everything and I was cutting with sign blazer again.

For the little bit that I cut (hobby really) like they say if it's not broke don't fix it I will use SB.....

I really appreciate all the help from everyone though, thats what is so great about this forum

Mr300, I'd be interested to know how you got the Graphtec to cut with SignBlazer. I tried with mine. Maybe you're more of a computer guru than you think.