Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyChris

Lawn Care Trailer

I used to charge $150 for this kind of coverage, I charged $200 for this one. Now I am beginning to think it's a lot of work for that kind of money and I am wanting to charge more. what do you think its worth?

post-5793-12986543048005_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986543048929_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986543066818_thumb.jpg

post-5793-12986543067602_thumb.jpg

I think that if you keep raising your prices, you will find out how high you can go before you start losing business. Quote a higher price at first...then go down a bit if the buyer seems to think it;s too high. Remember, you can always go down..but not up,once you quote a price.

I would do that for $200-250 and be happy. I'd love to get $400 but realistically, I can't. People here won't pay it.

How much time in the design,plot and install?  Then add the cost of your material then figure how much you need to make per hour and price accordingly as john said you can always come down a little if needed.

Dan.

That looks good. $200 for that is probably in the ball park without knowing sizes. Something like that's pretty simple IMO

Guest kenya

I think that if you keep raising your prices, you will find out how high you can go before you start losing business. Quote a higher price at first...then go down a bit if the buyer seems to think it;s too high. Remember, you can always go down..but not up,once you quote a price.

I would do that for $200-250 and be happy. I'd love to get $400 but realistically, I can't. People here won't pay it.

Well said John !!

When I clean up inside, I'll post pics lol!

But up front I a have a small showroom/lobby with slatwall, apparel racks, a couch and a huge design desk to work with customers. the back half of the store is the production area with a big work table, shelves, blah blah blah. the coolest part of my store is the kids lounge in the very back of the store. My 3 kids have a separate room with a tv/dvd/vcr, toys games and activities so the shop is truly family oriented.

we also have a part-time shop dog and two full-time shop kitties.

there was 6 yards of green vinyl ($15), 2 hours install, 1 hour prep, 1 hour design.

What have you been doing to come up with your pricing, PSF method, doubling material costs ect?

For pricing I just go with what people will pay and consider a good deal, most important is that they get a better job for LESS than my local competitors. I have worked for most of my local competitors, so I know what i am up against, lol. (the contracts never said I can't use trade secrets to my OWN advantage!)

I used to do trailers for $150. then I started charging $200. I dont go by footage, or time, its just what its worth. I am going to bump it up to $300 next time though. this last job was BS. too many rivets, etc.

I can always back down on price if they start heading for the door. I prefer the one call close, I don't want them to go shopping for prices. Cuz if they drive across town to the other guy and hes only $50 more than me, they prolly wont drag the trailer all the way back to me to get it done, they'll just settle on a slightly higher price to be done with it.