Sign in to follow this  
Wendy T

What is "vector" clip art?

Hello. I have no idea what vector clipart means? If a purchase a vector clipart image and download it to my computer how do I utilize it in sign Blazer? If the clipart is not already vectorized how do I do so? Again, I am not computer savvy so please can someone break it down for me as simply as possible?

:)Thankl you again!

Wendy

Vector clipart is graphic files that are already vectorised for you and ready to cut. Usually they are in .ai or .eps format, and can be imported into SignBlazer and SignCut for cutting. Raster images, such as .bmp, .gif, .tif, .jpg, etc., are pixelated and need to be traced (vectorised), before cutting. bannerjohn listed the vectorising steps for SignBlazer a little bit ago: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?topic=2110.0

:huh:

until an image is "vectorized" it is made up of pixels (or dots). A vectorized image is an image that is made up of lines and curves. A normal image if enlarged will look grainy and "pixelated" but a vector image can be enlarged to any size and still look just as clear because of it being made up of lines and curves.

Sooooo, as a sign maker, our vinyl machines cut lines and curves so you have to use a vectorized image to be able to cut it.